Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Pike County Friends of NRA Meeting

Pike County Friends of NRA is having their first meeting of the year at the American Legion Post on Milford Road (the Helicopter), on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7pm.

We are planning for the Pike Friends of NRA 3rd annual Banquet at that time which is scheduled for April 17, 2013 at the Best Western in Matamoras.

The Committee is looking to expand its membership. We can use more help. If you are interested send an email to fnrapike@ptd.net to get on their email list for meeting info and inquiries.

If you are new to Pike County you can get to meet fellow shooters;discuss guns and loads; find places to hunt and shoot; find gun stores to visit and more.

If you are not new then you can do something more than just exchange typing on this forum. With the Second Amendment currently under a new attack, you are needed more than ever.

Be there or be square.

The Swede

p.s. Some pafoa.org Pike forum members are now part of the committee.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke ...

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Pike County Friends of NRA Meeting

do they make you honor the no gun sign on the door?

(Pike County)

I am requesting that all NRA and gun owners boycott this dinner and the Pike NRA. We fight very hard for our gun rights to let Pike NRA give them away. They hold there meeting in a hall that bans firearms. Legion post 139. I have brought this up to several members to no avail. If we allow our own groups to give up thier gun rights, we stand no chance at the national level. Pike NRA has supported this, condone's it and then asks for our help in defending our right to carry. Protecting our right to carry must start at home or we have already lost. Patrick J Allen Jr

(Lackawanna County)

thats exactly the answer I needed.

(Pike County)

"We fight very hard for our gun rights to let Pike NRA give them away"

This committee, like all other Friends of NRA in PA, is part of a 501(c)3 foundation whose goal is to raise funds for organizations and projects in the shooting sports;like womens' shooting events, Boy Scouts, 4-H and so on. These funds are spent in PA and nationally. It is not a political organization

However,Why don't you come to our meeting and tell the committee about your complaint...face-to-face. I'm sure they will listen politely. It seems to me that is the place and the people to whom you would air your views. Personally, I would like to know what you have done for our gun rights as you seem to imply you are an activist. The invitation is also extended to NathanB who seems to share the same concern.

I, and I'm sure the Committee, look forward to meeting you both on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7pm at the American Legion Post on Milford Rd.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke ...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Allen View Post
    I am requesting that all NRA and gun owners boycott this dinner and the Pike NRA. We fight very hard for our gun rights to let Pike NRA give them away. They hold there meeting in a hall that bans firearms. Legion post 139. I have brought this up to several members to no avail. If we allow our own groups to give up thier gun rights, we stand no chance at the national level. Pike NRA has supported this, condone's it and then asks for our help in defending our right to carry. Protecting our right to carry must start at home or we have already lost. Patrick J Allen Jr
    Patrick, I certainly understand your sentiment, and thought it was rather amusing, if not contradictory myself. I agree that the no-firearms policy is asinine, however I think that it's more reflective of the American Legion and not NRA. I'm sure if you can suggest a venue that's pro-ccw, and can accommodate a dozen committee members (at no charge), that Mike would be happy to hear you out.

Feel free to call me or PM so we can discuss sidebar, if you're more comfortable doing that. In the meantime, I'd ask you to consider how boycotting the dinner and depriving NRA of our support funds will help promote firearms training and gun rights. If there's another organization out here I'm unware of that's proactively promoting gun rights in the way and manner you'd endorse, I'd really like to know about it so I can support them, too.

Regards,
    RK
    Last edited by Rovert; January 1st, 2013 at 01:12 PM.

(Pike County)

Rovert: I find it disturbing that the Anerican Post is offering a pistol raffle thru Guns and Gold and the NRA holds meetings at the same location that restricts firearms. I have been turned away from there for carrying a firearm.
    This is not a new situation, it has been on going for a while. I find this very hypocritical. I am aware of the situation that brought the post to this decision but just as in CT,. DO not punish the balance for the actions of one.

As you know, sometimes to instutite change to those who are resistant, financial restrictions need to be applied. My stance on the American Legion and Pike NRA stands. In addition I am not a hypocrite and have reached out to several places for relocation. I have represented myself in each case not the NRA and have found two places who may accomodate.

I do agree that this needs to move to a private section , as I have found a an anti hunting and anti gun group watching this dialogue. It has been brought to my attention that their stance is they wants guns in our school but not in their meetings!

I look only to improve and not destroy so lets move to a private conversation before this get away from our control. Thanks PJA

Before I respond, it's important for me to take a moment to remind you of my background.

I've been deeply involved in 2nd Amendment advocacy for over a decade. I've founded a leading NJ gun rights organization which was the first to press for our rights on the basis of CCW and personal defense when everyone else was afraid to "go there" and sought exemptions from tyrants on the basis of hunting and sport shooting. I have relationships with NRA, GOA and SAF at the highest level, and I continue to promote gun safety, sportsmanship, personal defense and volunteer my time whenever I can to help preserve our heritage, and what's left of our freedom.

Now that we have that behind us...

Rovert: I find it disturbing that the Anerican Post is offering a pistol raffle thru Guns and Gold and the NRA holds meetings at the same location that restricts firearms. I have been turned away from there for carrying a firearm.
    There are lots of 'disturbing' things going on these days, and I agreed with you previously that it does seem contradictory, but we have to work with what we've got until other better choices are presented to us. But if your intent is to be absolutist and never do business with any individual, group, or company that supports anti-gun activities or policies, boy - are you ever in for a rude awakening. Better turn off that computer right now, because most technology companies donate significantly to left-leaning causes. And your place of employment was in what state, again? Do you refuse to go to work because NJ has anti-gun laws, or do you make concessions because there's a greater good that comes of it?

This is not a new situation, it has been on going for a while. I find this very hypocritical. I am aware of the situation that brought the post to this decision but just as in CT,. DO not punish the balance for the actions of one.
    Again, I couldn't agree with you more, but I think it says more about the Legion than NRA. For the Pike FONRA's part, what I see is a group of folks trying to do the maximum good with a minimum of resources, and the Legion hall solved a need. Again, if you know of a place that's CCW friendly while also having the attributes of proximity, price (which is to say: free) and size, then I'm sure we'd like to hear about it.

As you know, sometimes to instutite change to those who are resistant, financial restrictions need to be applied. My stance on the American Legion and Pike NRA stands. In addition I am not a hypocrite and have reached out to several places for relocation. I have represented myself in each case not the NRA and have found two places who may accomodate.
    You're always welcome to follow your heart, and if you think depriving area youngsters of an opportunity to be exposed to firearms disciplines and learning about sportsmanship is the right thing to do, then so be it. I think you're directing your frustration at the wrong people. Instead of all this cloak-and-dagger about other meeting places, I'd much rather hear about the venues you're suggesting.

I have found a an anti hunting and anti gun group watching this dialogue. It has been brought to my attention that their stance is they wants guns in our school but not in their meetings!
    Piffle. Bring 'em on. I'd love to have a vigorous debate with those pantywaists.

I look only to improve and not destroy so lets move to a private conversation before this get away from our control. Thanks PJA
    Still awaiting your PM or email.

(Pike County)

Rovert: The dissection is what I expected. No action just rhetoric I will PM you now

Rovert: The dissection is what I expected. No action just rhetoric I will PM you now
    Patrick, I've already followed up with you via PM and email, but feel the need to respond here in public so that the rest of those looking on don't think either of us have dropped the ball.

That said, I find your comment not just slightly offensive, but also hypocritical. If anyone is behaving like a politician, just like John Kerry, you "have a plan", but you're not telling us what it is. I've made every attempt to get you to say what you have in mind, but you keep dodging the question, then you move to PM but still don't disclose your idea.

If reasoned accurate responses and factual-based replies to your points constitute acting like a politician, then perhaps we ought to have more polticians like me in office, because we'd finally be getting things done and down to business finding real solutions, instead of holding back information.

Looking forward to your reply so we can evaluate - and hopefully accommodate - your recommendation, and ensure your participation on the committee in a meaningful way.
    Last edited by Rovert; January 4th, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast