Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default PAFOA research project- lost and stolen firearms

I got this email from Kim Stolfer.
    Kim is Looking for help from some of you that have the time and want to do your part to fight gun control. Most of this information is on line somewhere it’s just a matter of finding it.

You can post anything you find here or send it to Kim directly.
    Questions: post them here or PM me.

PAFOA members have the chance to reshape the debates in Harrisburg, with documented facts and statistics triumphs anti-gun rhetoric with their feel good proposals, this is how to successfully fight gun control in PA.

Thank you in advance for your help.

PAFOA research project- lost and stolen firearms

Why not ask PAFOA list members to research the text of the law in other
    states (Michigan is one that I know of) and copy that info to you on
    'Lost or Stolen'? In addition ANY documentation as to its' effectiveness or value would be helpful as well.

Kim Stolfer

ACSL, Legislative Committee, Chairman
    www.acslpa.org <http://www.acslpa.org/>

FOAC, Chairman
    www.foac-pac.org <http://www.foac-pac.org/>

(412) 221-3346, Home Phone

(412) 257-1099, Home Fax

(412) 352-5018, Cell

email activist@fyi.net

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PAFOA research project- lost and stolen firearms

On the topic of lost or stolen firearms: Is there any way to check to see if a firearm is stolen, perhaps by running the serial numbers through a secure database? If available it might help all of us to stay away from "improper" situations. As well as providing alot of peace of mind .

Quote Originally Posted by X - Man View Post
    On the topic of lost or stolen firearms: Is there any way to check to see if a firearm is stolen, perhaps by running the serial numbers through a secure database? If available it might help all of us to stay away from "improper" situations. As well as providing alot of peace of mind .
    That is part of what the new law is intended to do...compile a db of stolen firearms.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by piste View Post
    That is part of what the new law is intended to do...compile a db of stolen firearms.
    ...that will not be available to you and I. LEO only, just like now.

They should make a database like that of guns that where taken or ceased but are not stolen so people can see how many guns are in Official hands that are completely legal!

Ever wonder what happens when some one is in Iraq and his rent is behind a few days?

The house or Apartment gets taken over and any thing inside firearm related gets ceased.
    Of course, this happens to more then just soldiers, it happens to people who lost a job, people who go bankrupt...
    All these guns that are completely legal get wrapped up in the system, and the red tape to get them back often is More then the price of the gun.

After Catrina, many people who had guns ceased decided that the amount of money per gun they needed to file for their gun return was more then the actual cost of the guns.
    So all these "Legal" guns that where stolen by the Government should be in a database that ANYONE could see so they could decide if storing and guarding these guns is worth what we as tax payers pay.

Ever wondered where your Tax dollar goes? Here is what people in Seattle pay for
    Of course Pittsburgh would never do this right?
    Think again, I have yet to visit one, but http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...lets_0222.html says they are there!!!

I have seen stories about the government spending. Any one remember the $400 hammer? I remember one but cant find the link where to make a place "historical" they needed horse shoe nails, well it cost over a million to get a pound of these... (could they not use modern nails) Any one ever heard of a Ferrier or "farrier"? they buy these all the time! If they cant buy them, they MAKE them!!!

Yep, every time I hear about a new Govt. Program to save money and better our lives, it reminds me how they go about spending my hard earned money, and when they run out of money? They simply raise my taxes!!

I know this is going off topic here, but have some of you seen the numbers that the presidential elects have spend so far on their campaigns? You could fund small countries with it. Hell, you could rebuild Louisiana with the money just Klinton has spent!

I'm getting grumpy here, so maybe Ill just grab my guns, find me a nice place some where in the wilderness and live like they did back when Government was simple.

No wonder the Amish want no part of modern society.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly