Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Multi state 4 hours course

Was thinking about Utah and Florida permits and doing a little research when I found http://www.helpmeshoot.com They had a class reasonably close but was full. I emailed then and promptly received a phone call from them and they worked me into the January class in Baltimore.

I have not been to the class yet obviously but the phone service was great and I look forward to the class. I will inform you additionally after attending.

Here is a little copy/paste from the site

General Course Overview

Read this entire page for a lot more information about this unique course!

• This is a 4-hour, all classroom-based Concealed Carry Permit Certification Course that allows you to be eligible to apply for a Non-Resident Utah Concealed Firearm Permit that is valid in over 35+ states.
    • The course is taught by Certified Utah BCI Instructors (who are also NRA Certified Instructors) and meets the required training requirements for the Virginia, Utah & Florida (the last two being both premiere multi-state CCWs), as well as the training requirement for most all state CCWs. The Utah CFP/CCW alone provides concealed carry privileges in over 35+ states; combined with a Virginia resident permit, nearly 40 states of coverage.
    • Additionally, if participants so desire, they can also opt to apply for resident or non-resident Virginia, West Virginia or Pennsylvania CCW permits.
    • There is no written test or quiz and all of the information provided is about general gun safety, concealed carry law and general best practices.
    • The course will cover such topics as selecting a firearm, how best to carry and transport the handgun, general firearms safety, situational awareness, proper shooting fundamentals, firearm storage and basic firearm maintenance and care. Additionally, we will extensively cover information on concealed carry law, how to handle law enforcement encounters, defensive regulations and case law related to defense of both life and property. Time will also be dedicated to discussing less-than lethal options for personal protection.
    • Tuition for this course includes complimentary FBI fingerprinting and the Utah Multi-State CCW application packet. We will also provide free legal notary services for any CCW applications on the date of your course.
    • The Utah and Florida CCW applications require that you submit a passport photo as part of your application, you will be provided with six (6), high-resolution passport style photos that will be available for you to purchase to submit with your application.
    • This course does not require any live-fire and there is no physical shooting component; therefore, you do not need to own or possess a handgun to participate. Utah does not require any live fire as part of their training requirements; however Florida regulations do require that you must demonstrate proficiency with a live-fire exercise. We will provide several optional opportunities for you to work one-on-one with an NRA Certified Instructor to demonstrate your proficiency for a nominal fee..
    Last edited by r horn; December 27th, 2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: SP~~

Default Re: Multi state 4 hours coarse

Quote Originally Posted by r horn View Post
    Was thinking about Utah and Florida permits and doing a little research when I found http://www.helpmeshoot.com They had a class reasonably close but was full. I emailed then and promptly received a phone call from them and they worked me into the January class in Baltimore.

I have not been to the class yet obviously but the phone service was great and I look forward to the class. I will inform you additionally after attending.

General Course Overview

• This is a 4-hour, all classroom-based Concealed Carry Permit Certification Course that allows you to be eligible to apply for a Non-Resident Utah Concealed Firearm Permit that is valid in over 35+ states.
    • The course is taught by Certified Utah BCI Instructors (who are also NRA Certified Instructors) and meets the required training requirements for the Virginia, Utah & Florida (the last two being both premiere multi-state CCWs), as well as the training requirement for most all state CCWs. The Utah CFP/CCW alone provides concealed carry privileges in over 35+ states; combined with a Virginia resident permit, nearly 40 states of coverage.
    • Additionally, if participants so desire, they can also opt to apply for resident or non-resident Virginia, West Virginia or Pennsylvania CCW permits.
    • There is no written test or quiz and all of the information provided is about general gun safety, concealed carry law and general best practices.
    • The course will cover such topics as selecting a firearm, how best to carry and transport the handgun, general firearms safety, situational awareness, proper shooting fundamentals, firearm storage and basic firearm maintenance and care. Additionally, we will extensively cover information on concealed carry law, how to handle law enforcement encounters, defensive regulations and case law related to defense of both life and property. Time will also be dedicated to discussing less-than lethal options for personal protection.
    • Tuition for this course includes complimentary FBI fingerprinting and the Utah Multi-State CCW application packet. We will also provide free legal notary services for any CCW applications on the date of your course.
    • The Utah and Florida CCW applications require that you submit a passport photo as part of your application, you will be provided with six (6), high-resolution passport style photos that will be available for you to purchase to submit with your application.
    • This course does not require any live-fire and there is no physical shooting component; therefore, you do not need to own or possess a handgun to participate. Utah does not require any live fire as part of their training requirements; however Florida regulations do require that you must demonstrate proficiency with a live-fire exercise. We will provide several optional opportunities for you to work one-on-one with an NRA Certified Instructor to demonstrate your proficiency for a nominal fee..
    In general, these multi-state classes are crappy. The legal heat class had so many factual errors about UT, PA, and AZ it made the class funny. The reciprocity map they used was about 4 years old. With all that said, I satisfied the class requirements and had my UT CCW 6 weeks later.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by r horn View Post

General Course Overview

WV doesn't offer non-resident permits

(Philadelphia County)

They did get a few laws wrong and NR facts wrong. I was happy to see they have a class in Gettysburg in the near future. I'll keep that in mind.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    WV doesn't offer non-resident permits
    Maybe that is what they would tell you in the course.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Multi state 4 hours course

I'm looking to take one of these and get my mult-state. Anyone know of a good place to get it done in central bucks county or anywhere close to that?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Multi state 4 hours course

Quote Originally Posted by galvanni View Post
    I'm looking to take one of these and get my mult-state. Anyone know of a good place to get it done in central bucks county or anywhere close to that?
    Check out Personal Defense Solutions, Others on here have had some problems with him. I attended his class twice and enjoyed myself both times. I went once for my Virginia NR CHP, Another for my FL CWP, and he even allowed his South Hampton PD instructor to fingerprint me for my AZ during the Florida course for free. He also offers the Utah but he charges $150 which is very steep and you can't sign up for that online. You have to sign up the day of the class.

Any way he does the class at Ready Aim Fire once a month. His other prices are okay. Depending if you already have taken a BHS class or meet another training requirement It's $50 for the paper work which includes finger printing, notarization, and a picture. If you want both the Virginia & Florida permits but have training it's $100, If you want both permits and need training it's $150.

Here's a link: http://www.personaldefensesolutions.net/ccw/CCW01.html