Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Open Carry Day

Default Re: Open Carry Day

Provided I'm in state and the meet isn't all that far away, I'm in. Wether or not my pistol is visible or not will be determined on if I finally get off my behind and get a good drop holster as all my current gear is for concealment.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Tioga County)

I started this thread for two reasons. one of those reasons was to find out how many people on here were willing to be at the point of the spear and how many are all for our rights but are not willing to be active about it. It looks like I got my answer.

(Cumberland County)

I don't see any value in this at all. The odds of a positive outcome are vanishingly small, the odds of a negative outcome are relatively high. The only point of such an exercise is to get a reaction. What reaction do you want? What reaction you get depends entirely on where such a "demonstration" is staged.

What is the message that such an assembly is supposed to send to the general public? Getting 20 or 30 people together in the town square with guns hanging all over them doesn't do anything except highlight those of us who have concealed carry licenses as radicals. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean its a good idea.

I'm packing nearly every day that it doesn't conflict with where I'm going, but if I know where such a demonstration is taking place, trust me on this, I'll be absolutely sure to be someplace else.

Fitch

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I started this thread for two reasons. one of those reasons was to find out how many people on here were willing to be at the point of the spear and how many are all for our rights but are not willing to be active about it. It looks like I got my answer.
    Count me in!!! I'll bring the Beer and M-80s to...."add to the effect".

(Tioga County)

If you had bothered to read you would have noted I was NOT talking about a group of 20-30. I was talking 4-6 people per group but lots of groups all over the state. The object is to educate. The point of having more than one or two people is to have a witness should some LEO go off the deep end and arrest you or harrass you for open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    I don't see any value in this at all. The odds of a positive outcome are vanishingly small, the odds of a negative outcome are relatively high. The only point of such an exercise is to get a reaction. What reaction do you want? What reaction you get depends entirely on where such a "demonstration" is staged.

What is the message that such an assembly is supposed to send to the general public? Getting 20 or 30 people together in the town square with guns hanging all over them doesn't do anything except highlight those of us who have concealed carry licenses as radicals. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean its a good idea.

I'm packing nearly every day that it doesn't conflict with where I'm going, but if I know where such a demonstration is taking place, trust me on this, I'll be absolutely sure to be someplace else.

Fitch

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789