Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns

Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sen.-f...8#.UNjfXm_m70T

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory.

“We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said today in a press conference. “Now, again, this is a work in progress so these are ideas in the development.”

Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., already discussed the possibility of a buy-back law for his state, but he made clear it would be a forced buyback.

“Confiscation could be an option,” Cuomo told The New York Times yesterday when discussing semiautomatic weapons. “Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

Australia implemented a mandatory buyback program in 1996 following a mass shooting. “The law banned semiautomatic and automatic rifles and shotguns and put in place a mandatory buy-back program for newly banned weapons,” USA Today recalls. “The buyback led to the destruction of 650,000 gun.”

Some liberal activists want the policy imitated here. “That would be like destroying 50 million guns in America today,” the Center for American Progress’ Matt Miller wrote after noting that Australia eliminated 20 percent of the weapons in the country. “The Australian ‘outlaw and repurchase’ option is one approach. But if Congress balks at banning certain weapons entirely, it could make gun owners an offer they can’t refuse. Instead of $200 a gun, Uncle Sam might offer $500.”

Feinstein also said that that former President Bill Clinton had volunteered, on a phone call, to help her get a new gun law passed.

“[Clinton] was talking about the battle back in 1993 with the bill that, interestingly enough, was introduced and passed within the year fo 1993 and went into effect in 1994,” she said. “And, of course, he was president and the White House came alive and was very very helpful in enabling the passage of that bill both in the senate and in the House. So, to have him part of the team again is really quote special for us.”

I'll sell mine when obama's Security Detail sells theirs.

Deal?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    I'll sell mine when obama's Security Detail sells theirs.

Deal?
    Please,don't get me wrong here, BUT, this is the problem: I know, we all know, that you wrote this facetiously! HOWEVER, there are liberals out there that DO NOT know this, and they take your word as written.
    We need to stop talking 'deal' and start enforcing the line in the sand that is the U.S. Constitution, which allows ZERO room for negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Please,don't get me wrong here, BUT, this is the problem: I know, we all know, that you wrote this facetiously! HOWEVER, there are liberals out there that DO NOT know this, and they take your word as written.
    We need to stop talking 'deal' and start enforcing the line in the sand that is the U.S. Constitution, which allows ZERO room for negotiations.
    Point taken.

Agree 100%.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Montgomery County)

"Forced" buy back is nothing more than extortion. Pure and simple. There are way too many patriots that will not comply with any sort of buy back or confiscation. They could be insane enough to try but I doubt it. We'll see.

(Lancaster County)

I like the use of the Australia program from 1996, would be interested to know more facts, like what impact if any did this have on crime and vilance.
    I'm surprised that Bill wasn't put in charge of the disarm American committe instead of Joe.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallyone View Post
    I like the use of the Australia program from 1996, would be interested to know more facts, like what impact if any did this have on crime and vilance.
    I'm surprised that Bill wasn't put in charge of the disarm American committe instead of Joe.

Heres some statistics about crime in Aussie after their gun ban

Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent;

Assaults are up 8.6 percent;

Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent;

In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed
    300 percent;

In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been
    dropping steadily;

There has been a reported “dramatic increase” in home burglaries
    and assaults on the elderly.
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2000/03/1933/#UPftkmfyDKkA15Xw.99

This is from a random source - http://www.wnd.com/2000/03/1933/
    You can google it if you want more. Its pretty much the same agreement that their gun ban did nothing except cost the government $500mil

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    "Forced" buy back is nothing more than extortion. Pure and simple. There are way too many patriots that will not comply with any sort of buy back or confiscation. They could be insane enough to try but I doubt it. We'll see.

SADLY though,,,there are also too many NON-patriots that would go for the money and willingly hand over their guns.

------------------

One little difference between Australia and the USA that these LIB-WACKOS always seem to "forget" is the 2nd A!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Lancaster County)

JW1914 thanks for the numbers, pretty much what I thought they would be.
    Don't think the rest of the facts will be included in Ms. Feinstein's proposal.

(Chester County)

But if Congress balks at banning certain weapons entirely, it could make gun owners an offer they can’t refuse. Instead of $200 a gun, Uncle Sam might offer $500.
    Errrr I think I could refuse that offer. Molon Labe.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post

SADLY though,,,there are also too many NON-patriots that would go for the money and willingly hand over their guns.
    Not so sure... gun banners seem to think that guns aren't worth much more than their 3-month-old iProducts that they constantly need to unload in order to buy the next newer and marginally better iProduct. Even at $500, that would be severely undercutting the value of a large number of firearms. Especially scary black rifles.

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure you're not going to convince even a lot of Democrats that $150 billion is worth that "1 child"'s life...
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast