Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Newspaper publish map of NYS gun permit holders

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Philadelphia published details of appeals to L&I. The legality of that is unclear to me. Court records are public but I don't know about L&I proceedings related to LTCFs and how they are covered under law. Seems Philadelphia is worried though since they took the records down.
    L&I gun permit appeals are not de-facto public. It's only when L&I denies on appeal and the applicant then proceeds to sue the City of Philadelphia (the entity responsible for issuing the licenses on behalf of Philadelphia County) does it then become public knowledge.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    L&I gun permit appeals are not de-facto public. It's only when L&I denies on appeal and the applicant then proceeds to sue the City of Philadelphia (the entity responsible for issuing the licenses on behalf of Philadelphia County) does it then become public knowledge.
    Which IMO, is a another abuse by the city of Philly. LTCF's should not be falling under the same entity as a license to run a pretzel truck.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Susquehanna County)

So here's one response to the Journal News (Gannett) publication of Westchester and Rockland County (NY) Pistol Licensees:

December 24, 2012 · 4:04 pm ↓ Jump to CommentsSo how does Journal – News reporter Dwight R. Worley rate a NYC pistol permit?
    According to an Editor’s Note accompanying this reporter’s article revealing the home addresses of all licensed pistol owners, “Journal News reporter Dwight R. Worley owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum and has had a residence permit in New York City for that weapon since February 2011.” I’d heard pistol permits were impossible to obtain in New York City unless you were Donald Trump or a friend of the Mayor, but perhaps Dwight knows someone. In any event, should you wish to examine his 357, here’s where to view it:

Come steal my gun!
    Dwight R Worley
    23006 139 Ave
    Springfield Gardens, NY 11413

But you might want to call him first to let him know you’ll be dropping in: (718) 527-0832
    See: http://christopherfountain.wordpress...pistol-permit/

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Susquehanna County)

And here's another!

December 24, 2012 · 2:27 pm ↓ Jump to CommentsSauce for the goose or, home address and phone number of Journal-News publisher
    White Plains newspaper The Journal- News, a Gannett publication, has published the full name and address of every licensed pistol permit holder in three New York counties. I don’t know whether the Journal’s publisher Janet Hasson is a permit holder herself, but here’s how to find her to ask:

(UPDATE: Uh oh – InstaPundit’s linked here. Hundreds of thousands of readers; Janet, you have a great Christmas Eve)

Janet Hasson, publisher, Journal News
    Janet Hasson, 3 Gate House Lane, Mamaroneck, NY 10534.

Phone number: (248) 594-2197; you might also try (914) 525-1923, but the area code is just a guess on the assumption that this number is a land line.

Here’s a photo showing her Mamaroneck house – interior shots are on Zillow:

UPDATE: From reader RJS: Gannett’s CEO-

Gracia C Martore
    728 Springvale Rd
    Great Falls, VA 22066
    (703) 759-5954

The reporter on the story is

Dwight R Worley
    23006 139 Ave
    Springfield Gardens, NY 11413 (718) 527-0832

Janet Hasson herself is married with one child, and her personal interests, as culled from her credit card records, are noted below: snipped
    and here's wher you can find the whole article:
    http://christopherfountain.wordpress...for-the-goose/

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Delaware County)

Here is the newspaper article with map.
    http://www.lohud.com/interactive/art...r-neighborhood-

A good link to the ABC story is about the newspaper article:
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...opstories.html

Before it's deleted, here is the contact info for the people responsible for the story. I intend to write a truly friendly message to each asking if they really believe the police will protect you in the first 5 minutes of a crisis, or in times of regional emergency. Like Katrina?

Editors of The Journal News are Janet Hasson, 3 Gate House Rd, Mamaroneck, NY 10534. (248) 594-2197 Cyndee Royle, 1133 Westchester Ave, Suite N110, White Plains, NY 10604, 914-694-9300 Nancy Cutler 9 Woodwind Ln, Spring Valley, NY. (845) 354 3485 Parent company, Gannett CEO Gracia C Martore 728 Springvale Rd Great Falls, VA 22066 (703) 759 5954

The reporter on the story is Dwight R Worley 23006 139 Ave Springfield Gardens, NY 11413 (718) 527 0832

I hope yall have a Merry Christmas, only seems fair. You brought this on yourselves. Repost and bump everywhere.

(Philadelphia County)

If any one wants to complain to the CEO of Gannett Gracia Martore, concerning Mr. Worley's article of Journal News her email address is gmartore@gannett.com

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Philadelphia published details of appeals to L&I. The legality of that is unclear to me. Court records are public but I don't know about L&I proceedings related to LTCFs and how they are covered under law. Seems Philadelphia is worried though since they took the records down.
    As far as I know it's a Sheriff's file not a court record unless of course there is a court case involving the subject.

...INTRODUCES LEGISLATION TO PREVENT FUTURE ACTS OF IDIOCY
    Brewster, N.Y. – 12/26/2012 – Today Senator Greg Ball (Patterson – R, C, I) called for the Journal News Newspaper, a Gannett Company, to immediately remove a map they have posted on their website
    http://www.nysenate.gov/press-releas...and-introduces

(Westmoreland County)

I read (here or new article?) that a number of victims of violent crime (abused women were specifically mentioned) complained that their names and location are now published online, exposing them to their harrassers, abusers, stalkers, etc.

Real "responsible" reporting, wasn't it?

Uhm...isn't there a law against revealing and publishing victims' information?

What about "reckless endangerment?" When one of the people on the published list is attacked or a victim of crime because their info was published?

Thinking it would be a great learning experience for the group who published this info to meet the criminals they believe the general publish does not need personal protection from! Maybe spend some TIME with them. Maybe in a close, 5 by 8 room for 2-5 years? Hmmm.....
    I Dial 1911

Update, judge calls out Gannet media on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ocHXc0-Ns

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast