Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default My letter to Dianne Feinstein.

I wrote this letter to her royal highness Dianne Feinstein, and even though i know it won't have any bearing on anything I still feel better having done so. I also sent a copy to senator toomey.

Dear senator Feinstein.

I understand that you intend to introduce an assault weapons ban at the beginning of the of the next congress. And although I am sure your eyes will never see the text of this email, I still feel inclined to write it. I know you feel strongly that the content of your bill is justified. However I disagree. I own several firearms, including some that you would probably consider "assault" or "military style". And I also understand that you specify that you are not interested in confiscating those already legally owned. Witch is a wise choice on your part. Because by attempting to confiscate firearms would instantly turn a vast amount of law abiding citizens into outlaws.

I know that you and some of your colleagues feel that firearms are a problem in this country. However, criminals are criminals. Someone who is determined to commit crimes, weather it be murder, rape, assault, theft, etc, they will find ways to commit such crimes no matter what laws are in place. The only people your assault weapons ban will affect are the folks, such as myself, who obey said laws. I am a firm believer that our founding fathers included the second amendment, not for sportsman and hunters, but for the people to be able to protect themselves from whatever is threatening them. Be it an unwanted intruder in their home, or possibly an ever expanding, over reaching government. The latter of witch I am most concerned about.

Now, some will argue that the second amendment was for smooth bore muskets and late 18th century weaponry. But, that argument does not hold water, for example, in the late 18th century an "arm" also included cannons. However, I am unable, without going through a mountain of government red tape and restrictions, to go out and purchase an 18th century style cannon. In the second amendment, there are no exceptions, or limitations written. In fact it says "...the right of the people to KEEP and BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." I would even be so bold as to suggest the true intent of our founders were that the citizenry be just as well armed as the military. Unfortunately I doubt I would be able to purchase an Apache attack chopper legally anywhere. Your bill, or proposed bill, I, and many others see as an infringement on our 2nd amendment right. A right not given to us by our founding fathers, our government, but by God himself. As written in the constitution. That sacred document that has made this country the greatest the world has ever seen, and that same document that you, yourself, took an oath to uphold, and protect. Please, senator Feinstein, protect the constitution, do your duty, and do not attempt to infringe upon the people's rights with your new assault weapons ban. Thank you.

Respectfully,
    Justin R. Bender
    Obama hates me. White, male, employed, heterosexual, gun owner.

Default Re: My letter to Dianne Feinstein.

Quote Originally Posted by jben5108 View Post
    Now, some will argue that the second amendment was for smooth bore muskets and late 18th century weaponry. But, that argument does not hold water, for example, in the late 18th century an "arm" also included cannons. However, I am unable, without going through a mountain of government red tape and restrictions, to go out and purchase an 18th century style cannon. In the second amendment, there are no exceptions, or limitations written. In fact it says "...the right of the people to KEEP and BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." I would even be so bold as to suggest the true intent of our founders were that the citizenry be just as well armed as the military. Unfortunately I doubt I would be able to purchase an Apache attack chopper legally anywhere. Your bill, or proposed bill, I, and many others see as an infringement on our 2nd amendment right. A right not given to us by our founding fathers, our government, but by God himself. As written in the constitution. That sacred document that has made this country the greatest the world has ever seen, and that same document that you, yourself, took an oath to uphold, and protect. Please, senator Feinstein, protect the constitution, do your duty, and do not attempt to infringe upon the people's rights with your new assault weapons ban. Thank you.

Respectfully,
    Justin R. Bender
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-Thomas Jefferson
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(York County)

Just a few notes:

You need to say "which" not witch. (unless you want to put a hex on her that is)

Also, fact check: in truth you can legally purchase a muzzle loading cannon with absolutely no regulations. They are in the same category as black powder arms in general. The Civil War and Revolutionary war reenactors use them quite a bit and there are even shooting matches for them. Its the modern kind that require all the NFA hassles.

(Northumberland County)

I bet she won't be giving up her CCW any time soon. Yup, Feinstein, along with Harry Reid both have CCW permits. I guess us simple minded proletariat are too stupid to protect ourselves.

(Lehigh County)

I would refrain from starting sentences with 'Because' or 'And'.

Glad you took the time to write her; I'm just offering some advice.