Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: LLama .380 ?

(Philadelphia County)

Default LLama .380 ?

My dad has one of these guns from his Grandfather when he passed away.
    He has no paperwork on it, would that be a problem?
    And is the gun worth anything? It's from about 1983.

Any insight on this gun would be appreciated.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: LLama .380 ?

No transfer is needed if passed from father to son.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    No transfer is needed if passed from father to son.
    That rule doesn't apply. After the owner passes away, it isn't from the deceased - it is from the estate.

What protects this transfer is the exemption in bequests and intestate succession.

18 Pa.C.S. § 6115: Loans on, or lending or giving firearms prohibited
    (a) Offense defined.--No person shall make any loan secured by mortgage, deposit or pledge of a firearm, nor, except as provided in subsection (b), shall any person lend or give a firearm to another or otherwise deliver a firearm contrary to the provisions of this subchapter.
    (b) Exception.--
    (1) Subsection (a) shall not apply if any of the following apply:
    (i) The person who receives the firearm is licensed to carry a firearm under section 6109 (relating to licenses).
    (ii) The person who receives the firearm is exempt from licensing.
    (iii) The person who receives the firearm is engaged in a hunter safety program certified by the Pennsylvania Game Commission or a firearm training program or competition sanctioned or approved by the National Rifle Association.
    (iv) The person who receives the firearm meets all of the following:
    (A) Is under 18 years of age.
    (B) Pursuant to section 6110.1 (relating to possession of firearm by minor) is under the supervision, guidance and instruction of a responsible individual who:
    (I) is 21 years of age or older; and
    (II) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms).
    (v) The person who receives the firearm is lawfully hunting or trapping and is in compliance with the provisions of Title 34 (relating to game).
    (vi) A bank or other chartered lending institution is able to adequately secure firearms in its possession.
    (2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the transfer of a firearm under 20 Pa.C.S. Ch. 21 (relating to intestate succession) or by bequest if the individual receiving the firearm is not precluded from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105.
    (3) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the loaning or giving of a firearm to another in one's dwelling or place of business if the firearm is retained within the dwelling or place of business.
    (4) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the relinquishment of firearms to a third party in accordance with 23 Pa.C.S. § 6108.3 (relating to relinquishment to third party for safekeeping).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

I love my llama's ! I have several. Feel free to pm me and I can let you know what it's worth, etc.. I'm not an expert, but again, have several and enjoy them

(Northampton County)

I also have a Llama .380. I bought it so I would not get as much wear and tear on my Sig 230 from shooting it so often. If it was made in 1983 it is a well made, sturdy, reliable gun, maybe more than a a newly bought American Walther PPK. As far as what it is worth, it probably is north worth more than $200 like new in box. That means nothing if you keep it. The .380 ammo will end up costing you more than the gun is worth, after 5 trips to the range, since the ammo is now very expensive.