Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Legal to own ARsin Philly?

I currently live in Philadelphia city limits (barely, but still counts). I/we are currently house hunting and will be moving out of the city. I am considering purchasing a Windham Weaponry M4 model (before any law changes) and was wondering if they were legal to own in Philadelphia. I know Philly has some odd carry laws that differ from the rest of the state, but I thought all firearms were enforced unilaterally in PA. I am only now having second thoughts as I see some websites that sell parts/accessories say they can't ship to Philadelphia. I may have Pops (who lives outside Philadelphia) purchase the gun and hang onto it for me until I move and then gift it to me, but wanted to know if that was even necessary.

Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to get to the FFL and have them look at my DL and say, sorry, can't do it.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Legal to own ARsin Philly?

yep.

Anything that is legal to own in Pennsylvania is legal to own in Philly, as much as that displeases the political "leadership" in the city.

Thank heavens for preemption.

The only quirky firearms *laws* that I can think of that apply to Philly is that open carry is a no go without a licence to carry, as Philadelphia is the only city of the first class in PA.

which website can't or won't ship to philly??? i've never seen anything like that.

yes anything legal in PA is legal in PHILLY. even NFA items

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    which website can't or won't ship to philly??? i've never seen anything like that.

yes anything legal in PA is legal in PHILLY. even NFA items
    Can't think of any off the top of my head but I've seen that before too. Problem may be an out of state company hears about a Philadelphia ordinance and not know it's illegal and only the state makes the rules.

(Philadelphia County)

Amazon lists Philadelphia as a restricted area. So I have seen some warnings on things like 30 round mags that they will not ship. The listing is no longer active as everyone is buying them up like crazy so I can't confirm what party would be fulfilling the order for amazon.

Interestingly enough, when I went back to check for the listing I saw some mags a few folks were trying to sell at $100+ a pop, I hope no one pays that.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjustin24 View Post
    I currently live in Philadelphia city limits (barely, but still counts). I/we are currently house hunting and will be moving out of the city. I am considering purchasing a Windham Weaponry M4 model (before any law changes) and was wondering if they were legal to own in Philadelphia. I know Philly has some odd carry laws that differ from the rest of the state, but I thought all firearms were enforced unilaterally in PA. I am only now having second thoughts as I see some websites that sell parts/accessories say they can't ship to Philadelphia. I may have Pops (who lives outside Philadelphia) purchase the gun and hang onto it for me until I move and then gift it to me, but wanted to know if that was even necessary.

Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to get to the FFL and have them look at my DL and say, sorry, can't do it.

FFLs have discretion to sell or not to sell. They're expected to turn away people who are drunk or incapacitated.

They could decide that Mayor Street will sue them some day for selling a firearm to you. Don't take it personally. Take your money and go to the next store.

FWIW - if you head into Central PA it's more likely that gun dealers might not have sold out on ugly guns. Those folks are not well heeled and might have bought as many of those guns as they feel that they need.

Suburban stores will probably get picked clean faster because people there have money and a sense of knowing an investment when they see one.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    FFLs have discretion to sell or not to sell. They're expected to turn away people who are drunk or incapacitated.

They could decide that Mayor Street will sue them some day for selling a firearm to you. Don't take it personally. Take your money and go to the next store.

FWIW - if you head into Central PA it's more likely that gun dealers might not have sold out on ugly guns. Those folks are not well heeled and might have bought as many of those guns as they feel that they need.

Suburban stores will probably get picked clean faster because people there have money and a sense of knowing an investment when they see one
    Not sure of your point here. Sarcasm maybe?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Chester County)

[QUOTE=GeneCC;2219866

They could decide that Mayor Street will sue them some day for selling a firearm to you. Don't take it personally. Take your money and go to the next .[/QUOTE]

Its mayor Nutter now, but don't worry he's an anti gun Democrat duchebag too.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Not sure of your point here. Sarcasm maybe?
    I honestly do see more "assault weapons" linger on shelves longer in Central PA. I also spend time in West Virginia. Rural Wal-Marts can hold onto a Military Pattern rifle for weeks down there.

The folks who get into speculating on firearms are the ones who have a little extra money to spend and a place to stash the piece. Suburbanites.

I live near Greene County, btw. I know where the poor folks live. Life has been rough in Central PA for a long time. Wasn't intending to slam anyone just know how it seems to go in rural PA.