Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Question Loaded Mags in Vehicle for AK Pistol While Possessing AK Rifle???

With a valid LTCF and a loaded Draco behind the seat with spare mag in glove box or wherever, can I transport an unloaded Maadi in the vehicle without breaking any law?

My hunch is maaaaaaybe yes if the officer was cool and agreed that the mags were for the pistol not the rifle, maaaaaaybe no if the cop had found a hair in his donut that morning.

I'm confused, searched a little but I'm sure I missed the answer somewhere.

Thanks for the help! And if this was answered elsewhere, call me an ass. I'm an ass.....
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Default Re: Loaded Mags in Vehicle for AK Pistol While Possessing AK Rifle???

You need to read the definition of "loaded" in 6102 of the UFA. It's aimed at "firearms", but would probably be applied to long guns as well.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    You need to read the definition of "loaded" in 6102 of the UFA. It's aimed at "firearms", but would probably be applied to long guns as well.
    Ok,

"Loaded." A firearm is loaded if the firing chamber, the nondetachable magazine or, in the case of a revolver, any of the chambers of the cylinder contain ammunition capable of being fired. In the case of a firearm which utilizes a detachable magazine, the term shall mean a magazine suitable for use in said firearm which magazine contains such ammunition and has been inserted in the firearm or is in the same container or, where the container has multiple compartments, the same compartment thereof as the firearm. If the magazine is inserted into a pouch, holder, holster or other protective device that provides for a complete and secure enclosure of the ammunition, then the pouch, holder, holster or other protective device shall be deemed to be a separate compartment.
    So just keep the rifle in a separate container from the loaded mags and without a magazine full of ammo inserted in it and its good?
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Monroe County)

as long as the rifle does not have a loaded mag inserted you're good. rifle mag well and chamber=empty? don't sweat!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    as long as the rifle does not have a loaded mag inserted you're good. rifle mag well and chamber=empty? don't sweat!
    That's what I figured. Wanted to know what I'd be up against if some disgruntled cop decides to make a big deal about the loaded mags. I guess said cop would likely disarm me at gunpoint anyway at the knowledge of the concealed Draco lol. Thanks guys!
    μολ ν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    The statute applies to loaded mags in the same container, unless in a separate pouch or compartment inside that container. "Loaded" means something different in the law than it does to normal human beings.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Clinton County)

I understand it all now. Easiest option for me is to simply put the unloaded rifle in the tool box. But I could also put it in a rifle case, or keep the loaded magazines in their own cases.

Hmmmm, options options

Again, thanks.
    μολ ν λαβέ