Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default ProMag 32rd Magazines

Bought a couple ProMag 32-rounders for my Ruger P95 before the prices went up, won't be getting them until the 28th or so... Reviews I read seemed overall pretty good, so I was wondering if anyone on here has any good or bad experiences with them? That is all!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: ProMag 32rd Magazines

That 32 rounds will probably be 28-30 rounds in real life. lol

ProMag ranks up there with the old USA Magazine in cheapness and crappy performance in my opinion.

The ProMag's I had for my Walther P99 would vary as to how many cartridges it would allow me to put in each mag. Most of the time it would only allow 14 of the advertized 15 rounds - and that was fighting the last one in. Sometimes they would only allow 13, then the next time 15. ...then, sometimes they would bind up in the mag and not feed upwards.

Now, I've heard there are some that ProMag makes for certain guns that work like a charm. ...the rest are all nightmares.

Good luck though! I really hope you have a better experience than what I had with ProMag.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

I had zero issues with the hi cap mags.by Promark in my P95. Let us know how they work out.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    That 32 rounds will probably be 28-30 rounds in real life. lol

ProMag ranks up there with the old USA Magazine in cheapness and crappy performance in my opinion.

The ProMag's I had for my Walther P99 would vary as to how many cartridges it would allow me to put in each mag. Most of the time it would only allow 14 of the advertized 15 rounds - and that was fighting the last one in. Sometimes they would only allow 13, then the next time 15. ...then, sometimes they would bind up in the mag and not feed upwards.

Now, I've heard there are some that ProMag makes for certain guns that work like a charm. ...the rest are all nightmares.

Good luck though! I really hope you have a better experience than what I had with ProMag.
    As I said I don't have any experience with them myself yet, but the reviewers where I ordered them were reporting that they worked quite well in their P95's, and also that they were able to fit in 33-35 rounds in the mags despite the 32 round capacity listing.... So hopefully that will be my experience, but hey you never know until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I had zero issues with the hi cap mags.by Promark in my P95. Let us know how they work out.
    Did you mean ProMag, or Promark?

(Bucks County)

I have one and it sometimes fails to feed a round in my Ruger PC9 carbine. I can put 33 rounds in mine if desired. I stick with 32 in hopes of getting better reliability.

300WM still around?

I was firing some more rounds out of the ProMag's, and was having the same feed issue again.. Locking the slide open as if the mag were empty; however, this time I found that if I bumped the mag upward from the bottom, the slide would close and chamber. So it must not be locking all the way back, it is catching on somewhere.. It was dark aside from our lighting so I did not get a picture.. Will try to do so for you soon.

Also, I took about 10 rounds out, and it proceeded to fire and chamber properly.. So maybe it does have to do with being full to 32 also.

Have the thread up for post-ordering and receiving these mags... Is there any way to delete a thread? I can't seem to find a way to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by chillafusion View Post
    Have the thread up for post-ordering and receiving these mags... Is there any way to delete a thread? I can't seem to find a way to do so...
    Did you attempt to close the feed area of the mags, some, so the top round doesn't hit the slide stop (my guess) while under the heavy pressure of all 32 rounds? If you are not comfortable doing it, a smith can help you do it. Remember, to close the lips 1 mm, you have to pinch them 2mm, so you want to be careful or you will mess them up.

Here is a pic of a High Point magazine before and after a lip adjustment. This adjustment was done to give a better feed angle, which isn't the problem with your mags, but the pic gives you a general idea. Your adjustment may need to run all the way across the face of the lips.

A pic of the slide locked open with the mag full would really help, taken with an overview of the round with the slidestop.
    Last edited by harold63; January 2nd, 2013 at 04:36 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Something else is if the P95 is anything like a 24/7 Pro, the ammo will not be able to hit the slide stop from the inside, but the upper part of the mag itself can be pushed over under heavy pressure and hit the slide stop. It would actually ride against it until enough pressure was released to where it didn't rub. You can close this area of the mag a little at a time until it doesn't rub against it with a fully loaded mag. It will be the area just in front of and just beneath the feed lips. Looking in from the top, you should be able to see what is hitting the slide stop when the mag is full.

Sorry, dude, here is the pic from the other post: http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com...tments-269377/
    Last edited by harold63; January 2nd, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.