Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Looking for a certain holster.

I have a Don Hume 721 for my G19 that I like quite a bit. For those unfamiliar with the style, it is a medium-high ride close to body, open top, owb holster with body/sweat guard. The thing I like about this holster so much is that the boning is done so that most of the molding is done into the piece of leather rides against your body, this means the belt loops sit about 3/4 of the thickness of the gun away from your body, allowing you to REALLY cinch the gun into your side, and leaving an almost smooth piece of leather on the outside.
    I want a holster just like this, only in a higher quality leather with a tension screw. Ive been wearing my don hume for maybe 6 months, and its loosing retention, and looking really worn. Something along the high-noon quality level.
    Any help? anyone know of truly custom holster makers who might be willing to discuss this? This holster will be for an m&p 9, being available for a tlr-3 equipped gun would be a HUGE plus.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Looking for a certain holster.

I have several Don Humes too and i like them, but if you like the 721 you will like simply rugged holsters Cuda model (named after sarah Palin) it has the sweat shield also but the holster is made out of higher quality leather than the DH, it doesnt have a screw because you dont need one you will never have to tighten it up, they are that stiff, i own 6 of them.

Check on their clearance page if they have what youwant on discount too.
    www.simplyrugged.com

Default Re: Looking for a certain holster.

The Don Hume 721 is an excellent holster. Sorry to hear that it's wearing out so soon - you must be using it a lot.

I recently bought a holster for my pistol from a member named usmc0341. The quality was very good, as was the price. Communication was clear and shipping was very quick.

He said that he could custom-make a holster for any gun, so it might be worth having a discussion anyway. Look him up: usmc0341