Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Saying hello, first post.

Happy Holidays!

My wife and I just closed last week on our new home in Pike, off Milford road just into Lehman township.
    We plan on moving in full time over the next few months. I have a lot of reading to do but am interested in getting my carry permit. Does Lehman township offer any special problems to apply?

I have been a life long outdoorsman with an affinity for water-fowling, so I hope to find some new opportunities here in Pike.

Many thanks for any info, I am looking forward to getting to know you all,

Default Re: Saying hello, first post.

Jim, welcome to the forum, and to Pike county. I'm sure you're really going to enjoy all that the area has to offer.

If you're looking for a CCW, go to the Pike County Sheriff's Office, and ask for an application. They're located off Rt. 6 right in Milford Proper, just a little East of the (single) traffic light on the way to Port Jervis.

Welcome from downstate. Nice area you have there. I frequent it in the summer.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Jim, welcome to the forum, and to Pike county. I'm sure you're really going to enjoy all that the area has to offer.

If you're looking for a CCW, go to the Pike County Sheriff's Office, and ask for an application. They're located off Rt. 6 right in Milford Proper, just a little East of the (single) traffic light on the way to Port Jervis.
    Thanks Rovert! Do I go to Pike or the Lehman town Sheriff?

Quote Originally Posted by BradACP View Post
    Welcome from downstate. Nice area you have there. I frequent it in the summer.
    Thanks Brad.

(Lackawanna County)

Pik county sheriff is right in milford. Its in the area of the pike county courthouse and the diner. Welcome to the neighborhood. Theres a pretty decent contingency of us in the area. Are you right off milford road or on one of the side roads?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Pik county sheriff is right in milford. Its in the area of the pike county courthouse and the diner. Welcome to the neighborhood. Theres a pretty decent contingency of us in the area. Are you right off milford road or on one of the side roads?
    Thanks for the welcomes Nathan, I am off Milford road near the environmental center.

Are there any clubs or private ranges nearby? I know about the gamelands range near Hawley, I used to shoot there with my Dad a while back when they were in Hawley.

(Lackawanna County)

all the clubs are private unless you want to drive to easton fish and game or ontaleanee. I either go to hawley or I walk the ten minutes to the delaware national forest and disappear about a mile in. So far so good on that one.

(Pike County)

Welcome Quaked! I live near the PEEC too. Lehman doesn't have a police department or sheriff. The Pike county Sheriffs office is on Route 6&209 in Milford. For shooting the Pocono Pistol Club in Stroudsburg is about 21 miles to your south. heberlings is about 42 miles away up near honesdale.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    all the clubs are private unless you want to drive to easton fish and game or ontaleanee. I either go to hawley or I walk the ten minutes to the delaware national forest and disappear about a mile in. So far so good on that one.
    Oh, so that's YOU that we've been hearing...

(Lancaster County)

Welcome Rovert. I'm on Lake Wallenpaupack during the week and home in Lancaster Co. on the weekends. I'm about 5 min. from the range on SGL 183.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast