Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Please explain panic buying to me.

I don't get it. if they keep saying there will be a ban on hi-cap mags, why are people rushing out and buying them all up. Doesn't make sense to me to spend 4 times as much for a product you may not be able to use soon, You're just going to wind up with 20-30 magazines in your basement you can't use. if they say, limit everything to 10 rounds, what are you going to do with all these 30 round mags you are buying. Maybe it's me, I am getting old, I just don't get it. I just bought some 10 rounders so i have them if something happens like that, and I only paid $4 a piece for them. I have a few 30 rounders for each of my ar's, i really don't need 30 of them, especially if i can't use them anymore.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Please explain panic buying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfac View Post
    I don't get it. if they keep saying there will be a ban on hi-cap mags, why are people rushing out and buying them all up. Doesn't make sense to me to spend 4 times as much for a product you may not be able to use soon, You're just going to wind up with 20-30 magazines in your basement you can't use. if they say, limit everything to 10 rounds, what are you going to do with all these 30 round mags you are buying. Maybe it's me, I am getting old, I just don't get it. I just bought some 10 rounders so i have them if something happens like that, and I only paid $4 a piece for them. I have a few 30 rounders for each of my ar's, i really don't need 30 of them, especially if i can't use them anymore.
    IMO there is no way in the world the govt will be able to keep track of mags, so if a ban is enacted it will have a grandfather clause in it. All new production hicaps will be date coded and we the sheeple won't be allowed to buy them.

As for what the current prices are now, if a ban were enacted prices would probably be higher than what you are seeing now for what will now be considered "preban mags".

You'll be able to use them, just not buy them.

I am somewhat optimistic that an AWB will not go through......so many people have so many guns I cannot imagine everyone just rolling over.

People are emotional right now. But once facts come into the equation, the antis will lose every time.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Who says you wont be able to use them? IF there is a ban and IF its like the last one you'll still be able to use what you already have, you just wont be able to buy more.

(Northampton County)

I can think of two reasons.

Maybe they will be grandfathered like last time (unlikely).

Or maybe we will use them when we throw these bums out and restore The Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I can think of two reasons.

Maybe they will be grandfathered like last time (unlikely).

Or maybe we will use them when we throw these bums out and restore The Constitution.
    That's a post from a guy just looking to get some rep!
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Allegheny County)

OP, you've never paid $79 for a used Glock mag have you?

You're old enough to remember the last ban. Maybe you weren't in the shooting sports then, or perhaps your "style" of shooting wasn't affected.
    Otherwise, you'd know... you'd know.

(Monroe County)

I got into the shooting sports shortly after the end of the last band and started reloading durring the 08/09 "primer famine." What annoys me most as a person who shoot a fair amount of action pistol is the people who see something like this and gobble up reloading components and sit on them. These same people are more than likely sitting on the 50K of primers they shot the last time. I buy components as I need them and maybe I am stupid for not making it a habit to have 10K on hand and buying them as I use them. Dont blast me on free market stuff because I have already read all about it its just a pain in the ass. This is after all an internet forum where people can bitch about shared interests.

(Berks County)

I started laughing when I heard of people rushing out to buy mags and ammo and black guns the past few day. It's like all the mass of the general public rushing the the grocery store to buy milk bread and eggs before a snow storm. Then it dosent snow.

What really pisses me off is all the people price gouging. The retail stores are doing this. That's expected. They are money grubbing a**holes. What does surprise me are the countless members on here doing it also. 50 dollars for a 15 dollar pmag? Have you lost your mind. I personally wrote down all the screen names of these people who are doing this, on this site and the countless other ites I visit. I will never buy from them ever again. That is low. Trying to make a profit off of innocent children's deaths. People who are doing this are gutless cowards. Many of you will shout, supply and demand. Yeah yeah yeah. Cowards. Let the dollar rule your life. And your life will be as thin as the paper that dollar is printed on.

Just my two cents.

Broker has a ak drum mag for 400.00

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast