Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default New gun store in westview

Wanted to give you guys the heads up about the new mom and pop gun store in Westview today. They don't have a website yet, here is the info from their facebook page if your interested.

Steeltown Firearms & Supplies, Inc.

Formally Steeltown Tobacco; in the same location.
    We carry a variety of firearms including rifles, handguns, and shotguns. We also carry crossbows, targets, ammunition, and will continue to carry Zippo lighters, as well as tobacco and tubes!

Location 431 Perry Highway, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15229
    Hours
    Mon - Thu: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
    Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
    Sat: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
    Parking
    Street
    Parking Lot
    Contact Info
    Phone (412) 415-0378
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: New gun store in westview

OMG This is within walking distance of me. That's so awesome! Argh!!! I wanna go toooommmoooorrrrroooooooowwwwwwwww *sigh* maybe if they're open on Wednesday.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Washington County)

Hi guys, just saw it on channel 11 news. That,s my heads up about them. Hey D-FENS maybe give them a call they may be open today (Sun.) I called a shop yesterday that didn't list Sunday hours and the owner said they would be open today because they have many PICS to do because they are so backed up. Also he said Monday (Christmas Eve) he expects to be crazy. Never been to that one either it's called John Browns Armory in Rochester. I'm from Washington.
    Merry Christmas to all.

(Allegheny County)

Just found this related news story. It figures they would interview the two most effeminate guys in the town.... (wait for video to upload)

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...-neighborhood/
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Allegheny County)

I think ive just blew a pressure valve and sucked into the MSM BS...

(START RANT)

For those that do not know, the main road in west view is a hill. Starting from the south part of the hill is a gas station (they sell cigarettes), moving on up you have this new store, then the magistrates office, Then a POLICE STATION. Then right in view because it is REALLY right across the street is a tattoo shop with big picture windows, then a bar still within viewing distance of the school.

I walked by this new store today and if you didnt see the sign you couldn't tell if it was even open or not.

Please help local mom and pop stores. If you within walking distance its even better. help show community support for both sides.

Merkels supply is across the street from a church, but they are ok becase they only sell to leo's mostly... right give me a break.

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Guns sales are up. They have been throughout 2012.

On a firing range, marksmen are testing shields for bullet-proof backpacks that parents are buying for their kids. Manufacturers are struggling to keep up with demand.

Such are the times we live in.

“It hit me hard because this is my community, and I’ve lived here for 34 years,” said Marlene Schnorr of West View.

As a parent and grandparent, Schnorr is very upset about a new business opening in West View.

“My opinion is that I do not want this store to be selling firearms one block away from our school,” she said.

West View Elementary School is nearby on Chalfonte Street.

“We were aware of the shop,” said Amanda Hartle, of the North Hills School District. “We haven’t really had any parent reaction.”

Hartle says it’s not something that they can control.

“It’s really up to the shop owner and possibly West View Borough,” said Hartle.

On Saturday morning, what was formerly “Steel Town Tobacco” on Perry Highway will reopen as Steel Town Firearms.

An employee says that because of the heightened arguments over gun control and after what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., they preferred not to talk about the store right now.

At the barbershop across the street, even hunters like Mike Yerman, say they’ve heard concerns voiced about guns sold so near to a school.

“Yes, it is a concern, and I know a few of our customers have also asked us about it,” said Yerman.

Walking with his daughter Riley, Mike Yasko, who is also a hunter, doesn’t have a problem with a gun store, if they do background checks and abide by current laws. But he sees no reason for assault weapons in civilian hands.

“I don’t see many deer wearing bulletproof vests that need a hollow point bullet for it to go through,” Yasko said.

(Allegheny County)

Hollow point bullets are for penetrating body armor? You learn something new every day.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrog View Post
    <snip>

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Guns sales are up. They have been throughout 2012.

<snip>

On Saturday morning, what was formerly “Steel Town Tobacco” on Perry Highway will reopen as Steel Town Firearms.

<snip>

Walking with his daughter Riley, Mike Yasko, who is also a hunter, doesn’t have a problem with a gun store, if they do background checks and abide by current laws. But he sees no reason for assault weapons in civilian hands.

“I don’t see many deer wearing bulletproof vests that need a hollow point bullet for it to go through,” Yasko said.
    Yeah; the typical deerhunter Mary Griffin-caller throwing gun ownership under the bus.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Just stopped in at Steeltown in westview

Just stopped by tonight.
    Nice place, pretty good selection of stuff in stock, both arms & ammo (yes, ammo!).

A number of Glocks, revolvers, smaller frame carry guns, and 1911s, plus a nice selection of .22s, plus shotguns and rifles.

Ammo in stock includes handgun calibers, .22, .38, 9 mm (3 different selections of grain weight) at least, plus rifle & shotgun - and prices aren't too bad, either! Please don't buy it all up!

Stop in and check them out!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Just stopped in at Steeltown in westview

Quote Originally Posted by Barnstorm View Post
    Just stopped by tonight.
    Nice place, pretty good selection of stuff in stock, both arms & ammo (yes, ammo!).

A number of Glocks, revolvers, smaller frame carry guns, and 1911s, plus a nice selection of .22s, plus shotguns and rifles.

Ammo in stock includes handgun calibers, .22, .38, 9 mm (3 different selections of grain weight) at least, plus rifle & shotgun - and prices aren't too bad, either! Please don't buy it all up!

Stop in and check them out!
    Have any examples of "prices aren't too bad"? When I was in there a few weeks ago, the prices were retarded.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Default Re: Just stopped in at Steeltown in westview

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS View Post
    Have any examples of "prices aren't too bad"? When I was in there a few weeks ago, the prices were retarded.
    .45 range ammo was $22-27 a box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast