Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Are you satisfied with the NRA's response?

I am. I have been arguing for exact same thing since the massacre. By putting a structure in place they went beyond rhetoric, and moreover, put the Dems on the spot to argue they don't want armed guards in schools. Armed security has widespread public support. The only thing they could come up with was that we can't afford it! How about a little bit of that stimulus money?

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Are you satisfied with the NRA's response?

I think the response was a little "short sighted". There were some good ideas. But all in all I thought gun pro's thinking it through could have come up with a more compelling statement.

(Chester County)

Mostly....

I did not like the part about the video games. I don't believe there is a link between games like GTA, CoD, etc.. and murderers. I've played a shit ton of those games and I have never once had any kind of violent impulse from them. I just finished a round of Borderlands 2.

I think that there need to be major underlying issues in the first place. Perhaps that kind of personality is drawn to the video games? Think of the millions upon millions of gamers out there. If there were a link you'd think there would much more violent behavior from them.

For me it is exciting escapism. It's easy to separate it from reality.

My son plays a few of the CoD games. I monitor how much he plays and there have been no issues at all with him. He's 14. He is a typical well adjusted teenage boy with all the quirks they have. My wife and I have done well in raising our kids. *pats self on back*
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Lebanon County)

I was satisfied although I do not agree with the video game comments.

Have you noticed that all these mass murders are committed by introverts that cannot handle society. They prey on areas where they will not be challenged. When somebody bigger than them or with a weapon arrives they just kill them selves.

With these type of people the greatest deterrent is having more people armed.

(Chester County)

I was happy except for the video game part. I play CoD, Halo, Gears of War, etc. along with tons of my friends. None of us are the least bit violent or show any violent behavior. It really comes down to people who are mentally stable and people who are not, and I think that is a combination of genetics and poor environment.

Just my opinion
    "All we have is a temporary bill of privileges" - George Carlin

(Lackawanna County)

I am satisfied with the response, he moved the discussion from, reinstate the AWB, to why do we have armed people to guard banks, sports venues, high ranking politicos, the mental health issue and yes, violent computer games.

Would you have prefered he agreed with what the antis want and be done with it.

It is the start of a nation wide discussion with the alternative being placed on something other than another AWB.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Montgomery County)

I didn't think LaPierre was particularly comfortable delivering his remarks. He was looking down too much and appeared strained. I have seen him more comfortable before. Let's see how he does on Meet the Press. Some of us perhaps wanted a more vigorous defense of 2A but he probably thought it is easy to get demagogued. What we are really up against are the local school districts. They are not going to go along with an NRA proposal unless they are pushed by parents, and that takes a lot of pushing. There really isn't any other solution that can work right away.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    I am satisfied with the response, he moved the discussion from, reinstate the AWB, to why do we have armed people to guard banks, sports venues, high ranking politicos, the mental health issue and yes, violent computer games.

Would you have prefered he agreed with what the antis want and be done with it.

It is the start of a nation wide discussion with the alternative being placed on something other than another AWB.
    And pushed the narrative to Hollywood and video games. Loved it and it was smart, real and factual.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Monroe County)

I am VERY satisfied. I was afraid that the NRA was going to take a compromising position.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    And pushed the narrative to Hollywood and video games. Loved it and it was smart, real and factual.
    But didn't he do the same thing as the antis who blame everything else except the main culprit?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast