Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gun mounted lights

What do you guys think? yes or no?

What lights do you prefer?
    X-300...
    TLR-1s...
    do you have another option?
    I like the strobe of the TLR, but the X-300 as my attention for about 2 weeks now. I would like to get one soon and start training with one...

(Washington County)

Default Re: Gun mounted lights

I have the TLR-1s and I love the strobe feature. The light is easy to manipulate left or right hand.

I personally really like it, but I don't have experience with the X-300.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Centre County)

I like Streamlight.
    THey are very well made, and strong. They are bit on the heavy side tho.
    I use TLR-3 on my Glock22.
    I went with TLR-3, because I didn't want the light bexel to protrude past muzzle.

I just got Beretta 92A1 last night, and TLR3 is bit too small for the frame size.

I guess I have to look for TLR-1 for it now.

On one thing I do not care for about streamlight is that because of its sterdy aluminum construction, when you mount them on the aluminum frame(Not so much with steel frame as they are much harder then Aluminum), it can marr the anodize finish/scratch when you tighten them
    Last edited by Mity2; December 21st, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

I only have one weapon light and its the Streamlight TLR-1. Its the older version without the strobe. So far so good. No problems to speak of.

(Luzerne County)

They sell all kinds of lights to put on your firearm, big ones, small ones, flashing ones, but they all have one thing in common, they are mounted on the firearm that you are holding right in front of you. Just the nice target for the bad guy to shoot at. I once saw FBI practicing night fireing at a range some time ago. They all had regular flashlights, holding them in there right or left hands, held out far to the side, and using there handguns with night sights. Makes you wonder. Do I really want to have a light on my gun?

(Delaware County)

I put the X400 on my NoName and like it's 172 lumen output. The laser has got to be intimidating, but it'll only be lit for a brief moment before the muzzle flash.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Dauphin County)

I have a TLR-1 on my Glock 20. It's been on there for the past 500-600 rounds. Still the original batteries, no malfuctions, etc. The only thing I really have to do its clean the lens once in a while because it gets cloudy from being at the end of the barrel.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    They sell all kinds of lights to put on your firearm, big ones, small ones, flashing ones, but they all have one thing in common, they are mounted on the firearm that you are holding right in front of you. Just the nice target for the bad guy to shoot at. I once saw FBI practicing night fireing at a range some time ago. They all had regular flashlights, holding them in there right or left hands, held out far to the side, and using there handguns with night sights. Makes you wonder. Do I really want to have a light on my gun?
    You're discounting that fact that if you have it mounted, it frees up your other hand. Free to brace for support... Free to hold another magazine. etc.

I'm not saying one is better than the other...

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Your correct.
    I think there are no "wonder light" that does everything for every occasion.
    I prefer handheld most of the time, because of possible collateral damage.
    But in some cases where I'm sure that there is nothing front of me, but the bad guy, weapon mounted lights are the way to go.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Monroe County)

It depends on what you intend to do with a light on your Gun.

What do you want to accomplish? What's the mission?

Personally i am not in favor of adding anything to a self defense weapon/tool that dimishes the functionality, portability, reliability and usefulness of the weapon/tool unless i cannot survive the mission without it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast