Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default 2nd Suppressor Group Buy........................

New video showing the Stainless Steel suppressors for a .30 caliber rifle.

Pretty sweet!

One can hear the sonic crack from the round as it goes downrange. The mountain helps channel the sound.

Copy into your browser window. Videos will not embed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mq4pead4FdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The suppressor on the far left is the older carbon steel model Dave used to manufacture. The new Stainless Steel Suppressor is next to it. To the right are two other manufacturers suppressors Dave is going to use for a comparative side by side sound test. I hope to have the video for that test soon.

This is the new .30 caliber Stainless Steel suppressor. It is two inches shorter than the older model and also weighs in at only 14 oz.

The front of the .30 caliber can

The threaded part of the can

This 2nd Suppressor Group Buy will consist of three different caliber cans. In order to meet the terms of the group buy, we need to purchase at least 20 suppressors for the prices quoted. These prices are pretty damn good. There is not a lot of money spent on these with marketing and fancy sales campaigns and ads. Most of these suppressors have been purchased by word of mouth.

I believe anyone can spend a ton of money to buy a can for a certain amount of sound attenuation or you can spend a limited amount of money and get good sound attenuation. Dave Wells, the gunsmith licensed to manufature these cans has a very compelling arguement why one should not spend a gran on a suppressor. I will not bore you with the details. Long story short, these suppressors with attenuate the sound from your rifle at least 30 db. He does not make claims that they will attenuate above that because they won't. Pretty simple.

I have some info on Dave and videos of some of his work in action. If you should have any questions, comments, or general curiosity about these suppressors, let me know. All of these suppressors offered in this GB have a Lifetime Warranty. No ifs, ands, or butts. If you put a bad round through them, he will fix it. Dave does not recommend using any corrosive ammo through any suppressor.

There is no quick disconnect available for the suppressors yet. Dave has been testing their QD for some time now and expects to have it ready for the market in the spring of '13. The QD will be available for the 223 can.

The prices quoted on these suppressor are the same as the ones we ran in the first group buy.

Only difference is we upgraded the suppressor material to Stainless Steel and kept the price the same.

The first is for a .22 caliber rifle/handgun. The .22 cal suppressor is made from T-6 aluminum and 304 stainless with a monocore design. It is 1" in diameter and 6" long and finished with a Dupont Teflon coating. The suppressor disassembles for easy cleaning and needs no takedown tool. This suppressor is perfect for any rimfire application. We back it with a lifetime warranty The .22 suppressor is priced at $180.00/can. This does not include the cost for the tax stamp. The weight of this can is 6 oz. Please see attached video.

Copy into your browser. Video will not embed.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ySf3le8E498" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The second is a .30 caliber (7.62) all Stainless Steel suppressor. This unit is priced at $350.00/can, not including the tax stamp. The suppressor is made from Stainless Steel. It has a M-baffle design, which most manufacturers are using today. The dimensions are 1 3/8 inches by 8 inch length. These suppressors are rated for full auto and magnum loads. The weight of this can is 14 oz. Please see first video above.

The final suppressor is for a .223 caliber rifle. This suppressor is Stainless Steel too. I do not have a video for this suppressor at this time. I hope to have one shortly. This suppressor is priced at $350.00/can, not including the tax stamp. The dimensions of this suppressor are 1 3/8 inches by 6 inches length. These dimensions are also the same for the AK (7.62). Baffles are sized accordingly. For those of you with 5.45 caliber rifles, the .223 can is the one to consider. The weight of this can is only 12 oz.

Attached is a link to Dave Wells Website.

http://www.wellscustomguns.com/

If you have a rifle without a threaded barrel and want to have it threaded, Dave can accomodate you with this service as well. He prefers not to thread Ak barrel variants do to the different pinning methods and parts used to put these units together. They tend to be very difficult to thread. If in doubt ask.

Any questions, just ask.

Renov8
    Last edited by RenoV8; December 21st, 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: info add

(Carbon County)

Default Re: 2nd Suppressor Group Buy........................

will a 22 can work on a 22 magnum rifle? Also, what would the total cost be with the paperwork/stamp, taxes, etc...

I am really interested.

Thanks
    Marc

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1749 View Post
    will a 22 can work on a 22 magnum rifle? Also, what would the total cost be with the paperwork/stamp, taxes, etc...

I am really interested.

Thanks
    Marc
    Not sure about the .22 magnum working with this .22 can. I have asked Wells for some clarification. Will get back to you on that.

The can is 180 plus 200 tax stamp. If you pick up at Wells business site there is no transfer tax. Other than fingerprint cards and pasport photo, thats it.

(Beaver County)

How soon till the second group purchase. Or is it the first 20 get it ?
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    How soon till the second group purchase. Or is it the first 20 get it ?
    The group buy will run through the holidays. I have a minimum of 20 cans needed to secure these prices. If we happen to go over that, no problem.

I can sell 50 of these cans if the demand is there.

(Delaware County)

I am really interested.

Thanks
    Marc
    I just heard back from Wells regarding the .22 magnum thru the suppressor.

Absolutely was Dave's reply. It was built to handle them.

Let me know what you would like to do.

(York County)

What are the threadings for the different models?

Is the rimfire can able to handle 17HMR pressures?

How soon does the money need to be in to get in on this buy?

How will the AWB affect the purchase and what happens if suddenly they are not allowed to be bought?

just a few questions I had. Count me in for all three models pending of course the possible AWB :-(
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by G23neverjams View Post
    What are the threadings for the different models?

Is the rimfire can able to handle 17HMR pressures?

How soon does the money need to be in to get in on this buy?

How will the AWB affect the purchase and what happens if suddenly they are not allowed to be bought?

just a few questions I had. Count me in for all three models pending of course the possible AWB :-(
    The .22 can can handle up to .380 if it was drilled out to handle them. Yes

The group buy is going to run thru the holidays and into the first week of January.

What AWB? Last I heard there was none. We should know what will happen by then. If they are not allowed to be bought, we will not sell them. Hence the length of the GB.

A compromise will be reached. Cool heads will prevail.

(Carbon County)

What is the life expectancy of a 22 can?

(Delaware County)

What is the life expectancy of a 22 can?
    I don't know they have a life expectancy. I do know that Wells has a lifetime warranty.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast