Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Range BCF&G

Default Range BCF&G

Hello guys--

Finally moved back to Bucks! I have been a member of Easton Fish and Game for years but now live pretty close to Bucks Fish and Game. I am thinking about joining.

Is BCFG a good place? I mainly practice in the prone position with a sling. Is that ok at Bucks?

Thanks.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Range BCF&G

Depending on how far you are willing to drive, there are better options. From what I understand, they are quite pricey there, are obnoxious about rapid fire and number of rounds in gun at a time among other things. Ridge and Valley Gun Club in Quakertown is only $40 a yr + $25 initiation for first time members.

Thanks for the info. I am about 40 min from EF&G, looking for something closer.

S*cks they are obnoxious about number of rounds in gun at a time, range time is for enjoyment.

I am a member there...

The range itself is nice and well maintained but it is expensive...

I've had more than a few negative encounters with R.O.'s there who were simply being rude and obnoxious asshats...I was even berated one time for picking up my guns during a cease fire that were behind the firing line and locked up in a hardshell case. There were a few more instances of things I saw them berate people for that were not safety related... They even kicked my elderly father out one time because he was shooting with the wrong sticker on his membership card...not his fault, the membership secretary sent him the wrong one and he did not realize it..

The only reason I renew my membership there is because its relatively close, and if you can get there on a weekday you can practically have the place to yourself.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by blueskiesPA View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am about 40 min from EF&G, looking for something closer.

S*cks they are obnoxious about number of rounds in gun at a time, range time is for enjoyment.
    what is EF&G ?? Your location is vague at best, so recommendations closer to you is near impossible. Ridge & Valley is at the upper most point of Bucks county, but is a great place to shoot. Paletown Rod & Gun club, which is just south of Quakertown off of Rt 313, accepts members once a yr, in Feb, so if u apply next month u can get in. $15 a yr.

Easton Fish and Game in Easton PA. Bucks Fish and Game is only 5 miles from me but by the sounds of it the RO's are over the top.

How is Paletown Rod & Gun club? I will look them up. Do they are 100 yard range?

Glocke12 if I decide to join Bucks I will let you know.

Sparxfly72 thanks for the info, sorry about the EF&G.

(Bucks County)

Paletown has a 100yrd, a 50yrd and a pistol range, 25yrd I think. It is normally empty during the week, and on weekends it normally only has one or two ppl shooting there. Look in the regional area of Bucks for "Paletown" for info on joining.
    Personally, I think Ridge and Valley is better. More things to do, it's bigger, ppl are friendlier.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskiesPA View Post
    Easton Fish and Game in Easton PA. Bucks Fish and Game is only 5 miles from me but by the sounds of it the RO's are over the top.

Glocke12 if I decide to join Bucks I will let you know.

RO's there can be over the top, but as long as you are there when it is not packed it is not that bad...This past summer most of the time when I was there it was nearly empty...

R&V looks good..I like the fact they let you shoot steel..and I am assuming that rapid fire is ok?
    Last edited by glocke12; December 23rd, 2012 at 08:49 PM.