Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Lawercenville Pa Weapons Seizure?

Saw a blurb on the news and the net. Tried to access the info and suddenly its all gone or unavailable?

Here's the header:
    Lawrenceville Wednesday where they found several dangerous weapons during a raid. Channel 11’s Alan Jennings reported the raid happened...

Tried Googling all they all lead no where.? Anybody from the Burgh hear about this? Happened yesterday,,supposedly.

Thanks
    Careful some of those Zombies could be Americans!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Lawercenville Pa Weapons Seizure?

I googled "lawrenceville weapons raid police" and when I clicked on the only seemingly pertinent link, I got a blank page save for the following at the top:
    tml": "$NEWLINE $NEWLINE $NEWLINE$NEWLINE$NEWLINE$NEWLINE$NEWLINE$NEWLINE $NEWLINE $NEWLINE $NEWLINE $NEWLINE$NEWLINE $NEWLINE ", "id": "writecapture92726342", "widget_prototype": "writecapture_widget"});

(Crawford County)

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...ville-h/nTbRc/

The page could not be found

We're sorry, the page you requested could not be found. It is possible that the address is incorrect, or that the page no longer exists.

To look further, you can enter a search term in the box below:

Search
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingFool View Post
    Saw a blurb on the news and the net. Tried to access the info and suddenly its all gone or unavailable?

Here's the header:
    Lawrenceville Wednesday where they found several dangerous weapons during a raid. Channel 11’s Alan Jennings reported the raid happened...

Tried Googling all they all lead no where.? Anybody from the Burgh hear about this? Happened yesterday,,supposedly.

Thanks
    Cached copy of the story: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

LAWRENCEVILLE, Pa. —Investigators said a Facebook post led police to a home in Lawrenceville Wednesday where they found several dangerous weapons during a raid.

Channel 11’s Alan Jennings reported the raid happened Wednesday about 5 p.m. at home on Foster Street.

Investigators told Jennings that an individual glorified the shooting in Newtown, Conn. and the shooter in a Facebook post. Details about the post or individual have not been released.

Inside the home detectives found several handguns, rifles and

According to police, officers have been monitoring social media platforms more recently in hopes of tracking down crimes.
    I'm really curious about what the post said and how the police justified a raid off of just that.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

Oh boy its starting
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Monroe County)

So he was raided for agreeing with someone? Granted, glorifying the shooter is pretty sick and twisted, but does this mean that I can't publicly agree with someone's illegal actions? It's not illegal to simply agree with a murderer's actions, nor is it grounds to raid a house.

Here's an idea... and I have no evidence of this, it's purely speculation... But what if the LEO's that were monitering Facebook saw that he owned guns. Many of us make that fact known on Facebook. So they know he owns weapons, and they're simply looking, waiting for him to make a post that just might give them justification to seize his weapons. Perhaps this is how confiscation begins?
    Last edited by snakeman21; December 20th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(Indiana County)

Everyone's knickers are all bunched up over the hoopla concerning the actions of a sick individual, blaming the weapon used, etc., etc.

If someone goes on the Internet commenting anything "out of the ordinary" concerning same, they will immediately be viewed as a potential threat to the community, hence the police activity.

Basically, it's "your rights don't count, it's better to be safe than sorry." I'm not saying that's right, but that's reality.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Everyone's knickers are all bunched up over the hoopla concerning the actions of a sick individual, blaming the weapon used, etc., etc.

If someone goes on the Internet commenting anything "out of the ordinary" concerning same, they will immediately be viewed as a potential threat to the community, hence the police activity.

Basically, it's "your rights don't count, it's better to be safe than sorry." I'm not saying that's right, but that's reality.
    I'm glad you're not saying it's right, because that would make police far more dangerous than the Connecticut "sick individual."

(Allegheny County)

Yes, but why the "dead links". Or the suppressing of the story? If it is truly for the greater good?

Anyhow thanks for the info.

Later
    Careful some of those Zombies could be Americans!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast