Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Magpul Threatens To Leave Colorado

My apologies if this has already been posted here prior. If so, mods feel free to move/delete as needed.

Now that's out of the way I find this very encouraging that a company is actually threatening to uproot and completely leave a state. Now that's how shit needs to be done! Bravo Magpul!! It's one thing to refuse to sell to government agencies in a state that restricts rights, and I'm very supportive of that, but actually completely removing a business and their tax revenue from a state brings it to a whole new level. Politicians need to be taught that their garbage feel good legislation should have consequences.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...hundreds-jobs/

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Magpul Threatens To Leave Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmcbowflex View Post
    Now that's out of the way I find this very encouraging that a company is actually threatening to uproot and completely leave a state. Now that's how shit needs to be done! Bravo Magpul!! It's one thing to refuse to sell to government agencies in a state that restricts rights, and I'm very supportive of that, but actually completely removing a business and their tax revenue from a state brings it to a whole new level. Politicians need to be taught that their garbage feel good legislation should have consequences.
    It is. Has Magpul done that?

They probably won't, because I would guess that would hurt their bottom line more than moving.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

They probably won't, because I would guess that would hurt their bottom line more than moving.
    Doesnt sound like Magpul as well as alot of other firearms and accessories manufacturers have much of an alternative with the way things are going and what politicians are proposing. Magpul sees the writing on the wall. They can either take action now and have a business as well as a bottom line now and force the states and politicians hands or sit by and worry about a bottom line that will be zero in a couple of years. Drastic times call for drastic measures. We all and have seen that once you give an inch they will take a yard and keep going until there isnt anything left for them to take. If not anything we these manufacturers coming out and boycotting branches and arms of the government local, state and federal it should show everyone how real the threat to our rights to bear arm really is.
    Last edited by harty; February 17th, 2013 at 02:27 PM.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Butler County)

No they haven't done it yet because the threat is they will leave if Colorado passes legislation that would limit magazine capacity... It's all in the article. The legislation is only being debated at this time, nothing has passed yet.

Hopefully the powers that be at Magpul have the spirit of John Galt in them, and ironically seek Galt's Gulch in another state. As far as their bottom line goes, I'm sure them seeking a tax friendly state that doesn't infringe on individual freedoms would pay off in the long run. Not to mention I'm sure their cashflow isn't hurting too bad with how popular their products are, and how many people buy their mags.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmcbowflex View Post
    No they haven't done it yet because the threat is they will leave if Colorado passes legislation that would limit magazine capacity... It's all in the article. The legislation is only being debated at this time, nothing has passed yet.
    OK, let's start again. See what I bolded when I quoted the OP.

Has Magpul joined the trend of refusing sales to government agencies in ban states?

No.

I would be much more impressed with that, but don't count on it.

(Delaware County)

OK, let's start again. See what I bolded when I quoted the OP.

Has Magpul joined the trend of refusing sales to government agencies in ban states?

No.

I would be much more impressed with that, but don't count on it.
    I understood your quote. I was just using your quote to get on my soapbox. No ill will was intended. Didnt mean to take anything out of context if I did
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

(Erie County)

https://www.facebook.com/magpul/posts/428803833863947

Here is the article about magpul's decision.

I belive that Magpul has stopped production of magazines. The bill was voted on and passed 7-4. i'm looking for the link, I'll post it when I can find it.
    Last edited by chp1911; February 17th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.

(Erie County)

(Northampton County)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Barack take over Magpul. Watch.

From Fox news.

"Democrats amended the bill to allow Magpul to continue to manufacture high-capacity magazines in Colorado for sale in other states, but the company remained opposed to the ban."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast