Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Dem- Larry Farnese is proposing AWB and Hicap ban in PA

I heard that on KYW this morning that PA is considering putting together a panel of their own. Larry Farnese went on record as saying he will propose an AWB and HiCap mag ban in PA.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Dem- Larry Farnese is proposing AWB and Hicap ban in PA

Hence why it's important to act on as many pro gun bills as possible to keep the antis fighting them instead of launching their own attacks.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    I heard that on KYW this morning that PA is considering putting together a panel of their own. Larry Farnese went on record as saying he will propose an AWB and HiCap mag ban in PA.
    Most are worried about the Feds passing a another law don’t forget most gun laws that effect you the most are at the state level and it only prevented by you paying attention & taking action.

We already have several anti-gun bill sponsorship memos making the rounds for the 2013-2014 legislative session.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...cosponId=10179
    MEMORANDUM
    Posted: December 18, 2012 09:23 AM

To: All Senate members
    Subject: Assault Weapons Ban
    In the near future, I plan to introduce two pieces of legislation that would address the issue of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

As a legislative body, we have had the opportunity to work on important firearms legislation this past session, such as the recently-passed straw purchasing bill, House Bill 898. In an effort to continue the discussion on common-sense public safety proposals, I believe banning dangerous assault weapons for non-military and non-law enforcement agents should be addressed.

With the federal Assault Weapons Ban having expired in the fall of 2004, Pennsylvania has been left vulnerable to violence with assault weapons for the last eight years. According to the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, 20% of law enforcement agents killed in the line of duty in the U.S. are killed with assault weapons. Law enforcement organizations across the country supported the federal ban, including but not limited to the Fraternal Order of Police, National Sheriffs’ Association, International Association of Chiefs of Police and Major City Chiefs Association.

Our country has experienced so many devastating mass shootings over the past several months and years, and the U.S. has one of the highest number of gun-related murders of the world’s developed countries, totaling nearly 10,000 last year. While curbing heinous acts of violence will not be a one-sided solution, I believe we have a responsibility to ensure we explore every option so that no more innocent victims are taken.

Document #1
    Description: The first piece of legislation would enact a strict assault weapons ban in Pennsylvania modeled after the federal ban in effect from 1994 to 2004. This would include a ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Document #2
    Description: The second piece of legislation would memorialize Congress and the President of the United States to institute an assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazine ban on the federal level.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...cosponId=10138
    MEMORANDUM
    Posted: December 17, 2012 10:27 AM

To: All House members
    Subject: Assault Weapons Ban
    In the near future, I plan to re-introduce House Bill 2592 of the 2011-2012 Legislative session, which will ban the possession, use, control, sale, transfer, or manufacture of an assault weapon within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Since the federal law prohibiting assault weapons lapsed in 2004, many states have considered legislation to ban assault weapons. According to the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, seven states have enacted laws banning assault weapons to varying degrees, including California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York. In addition, other states have implemented partial bans or restrictions through law or regulation.

Currently, Pennsylvania does not prohibit the sale or transfer of assault weapons. Once a Pennsylvania resident is deemed eligible to purchase a firearm, that individual is permitted to obtain any weapon of their choice, including highly powerful and dangerous assault weapons. My legislation would amend Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes by creating a new section, §6121.1 (Certain Assault Weapons Prohibited), to prohibit the possession, use, control, sale, transfer, or manufacture of an assault weapon in the Commonwealth. However, this legislation includes exemptions for members of the United States Armed Forces, Reserve components, the National Guard and law enforcement officers who are performing official duties or traveling to or from an authorized place of duty.

Sadly, gun violence continues to permeate cities and towns across America. The time to act is now. Please join me in sponsoring this crucial legislation.
    For reference about what they are taking away see this thread here
    PA proposed Assault Weapons Ban – HB 2592 by Rep Waters 2012 effort
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...12-effort.html

There is lots more gun control legislation coming to PA besides just these couple of sponsorship memos

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Hence why it's important to act on as many pro gun bills as possible to keep the antis fighting them instead of launching their own attacks.

We didn't have to much action in the 2011-12 session in PA with our numerous pro gun bill last session.

Maybe gun owners will be more pro active with contacting the Reps, rather than just running to the gun store and emptying the shelves.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lebanon County)

Can we get a law banning those dangerous anti-American politicians?