Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Concealed Carry permit revocted

On June 06, 2006 I was arrested for making terroristic threats to me girlfriends brother. When i was arrested I had my firearm locked in the trunk of my car. I won the case but the carry permit board revocted my carry permit because my firearm was left in my trunk. Was their decision reasonable?

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry permit revocted

No, I dont think it was reasonable. This isn't the first time we've heard of Philly doing such a thing.

You need to contact a lawyer with firearms and carrying experience to fight that non-reinstatement.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

ohhhhhhh Philadelphia.......

edit: Did the revocation happen in 2006 as well? If so, I believe you are WAAAAY past the point of challenging it, but you may be able to re-apply for your permit.

axmdr40
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MHellrazor83 View Post
    On June 06, 2006 I was arrested for making terroristic threats to me girlfriends brother. I won the case
    What case ? Were you making terroristic threats or not ? If not are you suing the Police over false arrest ?

(Luzerne County)

If you were arrested for §2706 but found innocent, your permit should not be revoked.
    Having legal firearms locked in the trunk of your car, provided you were not someplace prohibited (out of state, etc) is also not grounds, in and of iteself, for LTCF revocation.

Is there more "details" we need to know? Phila has the reputation of illegally and improperly revoking permits for non-revocable circumstances such as having a firearm legitimately stolen. But the vague detials you give doesn't paint the whole picture.
    If you plan on fighting it you need to consider the benefits vs. the consequences of making your case public.
    I recommend contacting a firearms attorney before giving more details.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

We'll need more details. Unfortionately, I don't know how long you have to file an appeal, but 2 years ago is almost certianly too long. Generally the first thing to do if you think they made a bullshit call is file an appeal IMMEDIATELY, and get a lawer. I think it's too late, but something still may be done. I'm anxous to see if you have any legal recourse left.

(Franklin County)

There are specific reasons under the law for which your LTCF can be revoked. It's not a matter of "reasonable". You would have had decent grounds to appeal the revocation based on the fact that you won the criminal case, but you only have 30 days after the revocation to file that appeal, so it's all water under the bridge now.

After an upheld denial or revocation, there is a one-year waiting period before you can apply again. Based on your other post, you have some other issues you need to resolve before you know if you'll even be qualified to ever have a LTCF or again.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    There are specific reasons under the law for which your LTCF can be revoked. It's not a matter of "reasonable". You would have had decent grounds to appeal the revocation based on the fact that you won the criminal case, but you only have 30 days after the revocation to file that appeal, so it's all water under the bridge now.

After an upheld denial or revocation, there is a one-year waiting period before you can apply again. Based on your other post, you have some other issues you need to resolve before you know if you'll even be qualified to ever have a LTCF or again.
    shouldn't he just reapply since the year has passed?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Cumberland County)

Before you do anything, you should consider why you were arrested. Were you making terroristic threats. Think about what you did and how you really feel about it. Are people afraid of you? Why?
    Then think about your legal rights, and the rights of the other people.

(Luzerne County)

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylva...tml#post249795
    As Gnbrotz pointed out, the above changes the situation.

If your asking this Q to see if it is a defense against your carrying without a license charge I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your probably out of luck on that.
    There is little chance that your permit being improperly revoked (if in fact it was improper) will be an effective defense against a 6106 violation. Especially if you didn't appeal the revocation.

You need an attorney.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast