Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glock 9mm Single Stack

Does anyone know if Glock is planning on making a 9mm in a single stack design? I see they did it with the G36 for .45.

Why, do you want one? Honestly, I very very much doubt it. With the wide acceptance of the: 17, 19, 26, and 34 the last thing Glock needs is another 9mm.

(Don't hold your breath!)

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock 9mm Single Stack

maybe for an ultra-thin pocket conceal type, such as the Kel-Tec's P3AT

(Montgomery County)

I wouldn't hold my breath. Kahr has the decent quality single stack 9mm market locked up. Kel-tec has the cheap segment locked up with the new FP-9. HK has always had the high end locked up with the P7 / M8 series. Glock will stick with what they know- Large blocky tuperware.
    ~Wales

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
    Why, do you want one?
    Glocks have too large a grip circumference for most people, particularly women.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by greyhouse View Post
    Does anyone know if Glock is planning on making a 9mm in a single stack design?
    As someone explained it to me: any Glock smaller than a G26 would not have enough import "points" and would thus have to be manufactured in the US(*), which would be prohibitively expensive for some reason.

* -- that explains why you don't see the .380 Glocks in the US.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Kahr has the decent quality single stack 9mm market locked up. Kel-tec has the cheap segment locked up with the new FP-9. HK has always had the high end locked up with the P7 / M8 series. Glock will stick with what they know- Large blocky tuperware.
    ~Wales
    I played with a Kahr PM9 at the Valley Forge Show. Not as small as the Kel-Tec P3AT, but it's the smallest 9mm out there for sure. Still small enough to conceal in the front or back pocket. It fit in my jeans pocket fairly well. Little bit of printing, but nothing a good pocket holster wouldn't take care of.

The P3AT was ridiculously small.

I agree with Wales, Kahr is known for a making a good, reliable, single-stack firearm, I doubt Glock would want to bother when they have such a huge command of other market segments already.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    As someone explained it to me: any Glock smaller than a G26 would not have enough import "points" and would thus have to be manufactured in the US(*), which would be prohibitively expensive for some reason.

* -- that explains why you don't see the .380 Glocks in the US.
    Actually the Glock 28 (.380) and the Glock 26 (9mm) share the same demensions.
    Same as the Glock 25 (.380) and the Glock 19 (9mm).

And no I don't think that Glock will make a single stack 9mm as there is no real market for a singlestack 9mm by Glock
    The main reason for the creation of the 36 was mainly, (note I siad mainly) to compete against the 1911s slimmer grip and to increase sales. While I do like the G36 concept, I don't believe that the lesser calibers will ever require a slimmer grip.
    Last edited by jdlv4_0; December 18th, 2006 at 10:20 PM.
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    Actually the Glock 28 (.380) and the Glock 26 (9mm) share the same demensions.
    But import points depend on caliber too, and the jump from .380 to 9mm Parabellum is several points:

http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/20...that_are_dumb/

And no I don't think that Glock will make a single stack 9mm as there is no real market for a singlestack 9mm by Glock
    There's a tremendous market in pocket guns -- see how well Kahrs sell and those little Keltecs sell in droves. A pocket gun of Kahr PM9 dimensions with the Glock imprimatur would be a huge seller. I'd buy one on the spot.

Well I guess it depends on how much thinner you could get a 9mm Glock if it were single stack. I would think there would be a considerable difference which people might like for summer carry, a backup gun, or for their pocket. If a person used the logic that the G26 is "already small" then we would have never gotten the G19 or the G26 in the first place.

I could see there being a market for it considering people like the reliability of the Glock, but they also want a thinner gun. I've heard mixed reliability reports on the Kel-Tec, but you RARELY ever see anyone call the Glock unreliable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast