Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Taurus pt 24/7 pro

I need a new ccw at some point and the 24/7 pro has come up in my investigation. I have held on and it is amazing in that regard. However, how long would the rubber* grip last, is it replaceable without replacing the gun, any other problems with the grip?

It apparently has a lifetime warranty from Taurus. Good enough for me, even if the customer service is bad (supposedly).

Now why can I get a new one for 350? I can't understand this because from what I have read it is mostly a pretty solid piece.

Anyone have experience that is intrinsic here? Some people will have good experiences and some bad, anyone have any universal info though?

I like USP compact but not the price
    sig but I think its too bulky and I dont like double action
    glock 19 but not for 500 bucks right now
    springfield,s&w, and taurus all seem to be relatively on par so I don't know why I wouldnt get the taurus in that instance.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Taurus pt 24/7 pro

My 24/7 Pro .45 runs like a champ. I had some problems when I first got it but those were user error rather than the gun. It's my first large caliber weapon.

I feed it FMJ and JHP ammo without problem.

The .45 version of the 24/7 does not have the rubber grip though. That's only on the 9mm and .40S&W versions. I don't know if it will wear out, but if it does you can always send it back to Taurus for replacement.

My .45 is accurate. It is my ccw.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Dauphin County)

When i was buying my first handgun i was really set on getting a 24/7 pro in the 9mm. After picked up the gun and holding it the rubber grip just didnt fit well with me and i thought the gun was fairly heavy for what it was. The slide was hard to rack also i thought. I ended up getting a FN fnp 9 for 450.00 with 3 mags that comes standard. The FN also felt better and felt atleast a pound lighter to me. Although my friend has a 24/7 and it dose shoot well.

(Pike County)

I have a 24/7 pro in .45acp. No rubber grip. I have only had it a short time, but so far so good, no problems. Only negative so far is that the mags are $$$. By the way, if a 9mm is your taste, I also have a FNP-9, $350 at a show with 4 mags and case, also good so far.

Can't comment on whether or not Taurus' customer service is any good or not. I've never had to use it.

Over the years, I or my wife has owned:

a PT99
    a PT92
    a Model 94
    an ultralight model 85 snubby
    and her new M970 Tracker .22LR

Never had any of them break, and shot the snot out of all of them but the 970, which we haven't had time to beat up yet, and the Model 94, which I just didn't like.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    I have a 24/7 pro in .45acp. No rubber grip. I have only had it a short time, but so far so good, no problems. Only negative so far is that the mags are $$$. By the way, if a 9mm is your taste, I also have a FNP-9, $350 at a show with 4 mags and case, also good so far.
    Yea my FN shoots like butter, so smooth. Although cant knock the taurus they have been around and know what they are doing

(Chester County)

Skip the Taurus....buy an XD, Glock, M&P, etc.

The Taurus IS cheaper for a reason. The customer service is awful (turn around times are in the "months" range), and you have to pay shipping to fix one of their guns that was broken on day 1.

The trigger pull, the disassembly/ reassembly procedure, the overall lack of quality control, the customer service.....all reasons to avoid Taurus auto pistols (save maybe the PT1911...)

Skip out on a trip or two the the bar, eat ramen for a couple days, and get a better made gun. You'll be happier in the long run.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    Skip the Taurus....buy an XD, Glock, M&P, etc.

The Taurus IS cheaper for a reason. The customer service is awful (turn around times are in the "months" range), and you have to pay shipping to fix one of their guns that was broken on day 1.

The trigger pull, the disassembly/ reassembly procedure, the overall lack of quality control, the customer service.....all reasons to avoid Taurus auto pistols (save maybe the PT1911...)

Skip out on a trip or two the the bar, eat ramen for a couple days, and get a better made gun. You'll be happier in the long run.
    I have heard CS was bad, but not months bad. I dont mind paying for shipping either.

I have heard the trigger had "creap" not sure what that is....?
    Disassembly for the 24/7 pro is quick, no tool required and looked only moderately longer than a glock disassembly.

m and p and xd are comparably priced to a glock, so I wouldnt get one of them I would just get a glock. I would get the glock 19, but then add on night sights and a hogue grip and you are hanging out around 600 factory. Ouch.

I don't know about the FN's at all, I will check them out. Only thing I know right now is that odd caliber model they came out with.
    Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

(Centre County)

I just bought a 24/7 .40. Love it. Action is very smooth, slide fit is great and I got it on sale for 339, in stainless. I'm not a cheap gun fan but I see nothing wrong with this gun or the way it shoots, feeds, or handles.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jh664322 View Post
    I have heard CS was bad, but not months bad. I dont mind paying for shipping either.

I have heard the trigger had "creap" not sure what that is....?
    Disassembly for the 24/7 pro is quick, no tool required and looked only moderately longer than a glock disassembly.

m and p and xd are comparably priced to a glock, so I wouldnt get one of them I would just get a glock. I would get the glock 19, but then add on night sights and a hogue grip and you are hanging out around 600 factory. Ouch.

I don't know about the FN's at all, I will check them out. Only thing I know right now is that odd caliber model they came out with.
    One of my customers has had a revolver go back 3 times now....been there between 6 weeks and 3 months, each visit. BTW, it still isn't fixed, and he's paid $35 to ship it back, 3 times.

The way the disassembly pin fits, and how the barrel fits with it...if you let the barrel slip to far back in the frame....you have to brute force the gun back apart, cause it binds up like an SOB. The Glock, Sig, XD, M&P, Beretta, 1911 break down/ re-assemble is ALL easier.

Never though anything special about the FN guns....too hard to get parts and holsters for, for me to be really interested. I'd just buy a HK if I wanted a frame mounted safety/ decocker on a polymer frame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast