Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Radnor foolishness

Fr ANY police department to buy/aquire/want a full auto weapon of any sort merely highlights the fact that they have no FUCKING CLUE what a FA weapon is for.
    As any veteran can attest, FA weapons RARELY kill anyone. They are FIRE SUPPRESION weapons only. They were designed to put out a stream of lead so enormous that the enemy would keep his head down while that weapon was being operated. THIS would allow the other members time to advance on the enemies position.
    So, knowing that, camn somebody explain to me why the hell a police organization would ever have need of a FA weapon?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Fr ANY police department to buy/aquire/want a full auto weapon of any sort merely highlights the fact that they have no FUCKING CLUE what a FA weapon is for.
    As any veteran can attest, FA weapons RARELY kill anyone. They are FIRE SUPPRESION weapons only. They were designed to put out a stream of lead so enormous that the enemy would keep his head down while that weapon was being operated. THIS would allow the other members time to advance on the enemies position.
    So, knowing that, camn somebody explain to me why the hell a police organization would ever have need of a FA weapon?
    But they are sooooooo much fun to shoot!!

(Delaware County)

Like others have said I can see why they are getting rid of them for tactical reasons, but I wonder about this whole "melting down" thing vs officially selling them to another PD or even just donating them to the US military.

While I have no concrete proof, something tells me officially 6 HKs will be melted down, but when its over the lump of melted plastic and metal will for some mysterious reason be the same weight as 3 HKs.

Not letting them fall into the wrong hands "My Ass", I call Shenanigans.

The chief should have taken them to a neighboring town's gun buy-back program and at least gotten some gift cards for them

(Chester County)

Or they could have converted them to semi.. Just because the weapon is full auto, doesn't mean it has to be used as such. What a total waste to melt these down, and just so he could look good to the media.

I agree that full auto rifles are not necessary for pretty much any conceivable scenario short of domestic warfare. However, I don't agree whatsoever with their means of disposing of them. The chief's actions smack of grandstanding and of a publicity stunt. Publicity such as this will further the left's agenda of painting "assault" rifles as scary and evil. Taxpayers paid for these guns and they'll pay to have them destroyed. If the chief really believed his own rhetoric, why not sell (or even give away) the weapons to the FBI, Secret Service, etc.? By not doing so, he is basically saying that NO government agency has any use for these weapons and can't be trusted with them. Why not just keep the weapons secured? I'm sure the chief could lock them in a separate cabinet to which only he has access. The public would never know about the weapons and they would pose absolutely no threat to anyone. Then, he would have access to them should some extremely unlikely SHTF situation arise where they would be useful. The ONLY reason to do what he is doing is to garner publicity for himself, and it only furthers the antis' agenda.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12