Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW 9

(Allegheny County)

Default Kahr CW 9

Went out with the wife today, shopping for a handgun for her. She decided she like the Kahr CW 9 over some of the other offerings...bear in mind she's a wheel gun girl.

Anyway, can anyone tell me anything about it other than the good things I've read online?

It seems to be a pretty decent pistol, albeit a bit narrow compared to what I've grown used to.
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Kahr CW 9

Ownd one and loved it. Wish I wouldn't have sold it. Worked flawlessly, was accurate. Everything you want in a CCW piece.

Quote Originally Posted by stringplucker View Post
    She decided she like the Kahr CW 9 over some of the other offerings...
    My wife loves the CW 9. Fits her hand like it was made for her and she can actually dump a mag in a few of seconds and get all the shots minute of thorax 25' out. She couldn't do that with her Bersa, so on with the trade, we made. I probably would have never looked at one had an associate of mine at WM not let us shoot hers. I hope you get as good a deal as we did. Also, I judge a gun, personally, on how well I think I could fight with it, first. The CW 9 is half a pinky short for me, but it is still plenty enough grip for a nice mag dump. The gun is very controllable when shooting fast, which is another plus for me being it is a 9mm. Not every small 9 is controllable to the point where you can be bloody accurate with it. Good gun, good warranty, and fun to shoot. Down side is you only get one mag, and they ain't cheap to get another one.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    My wife loves the CW 9. Fits her hand like it was made for her and she can actually dump a mag in a few of seconds and get all the shots minute of thorax 25' out. She couldn't do that with her Bersa, so on with the trade, we made. I probably would have never looked at one had an associate of mine at WM not let us shoot hers. I hope you get as good a deal as we did. Also, I judge a gun, personally, on how well I think I could fight with it, first. The CW 9 is half a pinky short for me, but it is still plenty enough grip for a nice mag dump. The gun is very controllable when shooting fast, which is another plus for me being it is a 9mm. Not every small 9 is controllable to the point where you can be bloody accurate with it. Good gun, good warranty, and fun to shoot. Down side is you only get one mag, and they ain't cheap to get another one.
    $360, new, seemed like a pretty good deal to me. She's already been on her computer looking at "Over the shoulder boulder holder" holsters for it. Since she's naturally better endowed than most other women, she should be able to locate something that will hide it in there somewhere...

Big chested and she's into guns...Am I the lucky or what??
    "A free people ought to be armed."--George Washington

Something else I wanted to say was my wife and I have traded a number of handguns trying to get that "perfect" gun for her. This is the closest we have gotten and it looks as though it will be the last for a while. She likes it that much. One of the bad things about letting the wife make her own decisions is it can generally cost you a little while she is trying to make up her mind on what she can stand for a long time. She likes this, then holds or shoots that, then it is back to the gun trader. Phew! I think that is over for a while with the CW 9, at least I hope.

(Lancaster County)

Have one, love it. My only gripe is the stippled backstrap will turn your palm to roast beef if its hot and you practice for a little while. I need to get a grip or use the electrical tape trick. Easy to carry all day, and points nicely. Not full size accuracy, but respectable for a sub compact.

Quote Originally Posted by stringplucker View Post
    Since she's naturally better endowed than most other women,

Big chested and she's into guns...Am I the lucky or what??
    Pics, please...................................

........of the gun, silly.

$$$ is pretty much what we did, as well, and got it right in town.
    Last edited by harold63; December 18th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

(York County)

Great gun congrats!

Some stuff off the top of my head about it...
    -They are tight when new, and need broken in, Kahr says 200rds... after that it will smooth out nicely. Lube it up well, there are steel rails in the dust guard,(if you find a small half moon cut in one that is normal) and at the very rear of the frame.
    -Also loading the first round can be a little tricky at first. Kahr says to use the slide release to chamber it... But after break in and some practice learning how to sling shot the slide correctly most can do it that way too.
    -The front sight is staked in plastic, Trijicon and just recently XS big dot make night sights for it. And Crimson trace makes a laser guard for it (I have them on both my Kahrs)
    -The recoil spring MUST be put on the correct direction, the open/cut end goes toward the front/muzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog View Post
    But after break in and some practice learning how to sling shot the slide correctly most can do it that way too.
    Finally got the little lady to break this habit. She now closes the slide with the slide stop. Not so much that it is a bad habit, but that her weak hand is already on the grip and it saves a move. I can't even remember how she even got into sling shotting the slide.

(Bucks County)

I bought a cw9 over the summer for my carry gun. I can conceal it very easily even with just a teeshirt. I put at least 600 rounds through it and I has been 100% reliable even during the 200 round break in period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast