Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default looking for opinions on my first multi caliber suppressor (used for 9mm - .22)

I already have my paper work submitted for my internally suppressed MP5-SD (HK/clone). So i want my next one more versatile. i want it to handle my 9mm MP5-k sbr, Springfield XD9 & EMP handguns, .22lr M&P 15-22 AR rifle, .22 M&P handgun, and possibly others in those calibers.

i know .22 really dirty so i want one that is serviceable and i'll need different adapters to fit different guns. These all seem like good options with good specs, but im not sure what else is out there or if some are better than others. As of right now I’m leaning towards the Ti-Rants 9 or 9S or Gemtech Multimount (wish I knew the db)… im not sure which since small size and lowest sound are important ... im open to opinions and other options. Ive searched around, but haven’t found much for 9mm & .22lr combo.

Suppressors / Silencers
    Gemtech Multimount - $600 (DB- ?, L- 7", D- 1.375", W- 6.5oz)
    AAC Ti-Rant 9s - $795 (DB- 22, L- 5.07″, D- 1.38″, W- 7.6 oz)
    SWR Octane 9 - $800 (DB- 30+, L- 7.50'', D- 1.375'', W- 10.78 oz)
    AAC Ti-Rant 9 - $850 (DB-35-38 L- 7.9″, D- 1.38″, W- 8.6 oz)

I know there’s also gemtech trinity, but I heard there not that great (DB - ?, L- 6.5, D- 1.25, W- 5.6oz). And liberty mystic, but there really big and heavy! Theres also Osprey, but I don’t like the square look. And I don’t know much about Thompson Machine, YHM, HTG.

DB - decibel sound reduction, L – length, D - diameter, W- weight

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: looking for opinions on my first multi caliber suppressor (used for 9mm - .22)

If you are planning on shooting 22LR through it, Octane 9HD hands down.
    Take apart, stainless steel, more mounts than others (minus the multi-mount) and SWR/Silencer Co's outstanding customer service.
    Also your price is off, it MSRPs for $699

The Multi-mount, while a decent can, i some what out dated in my opinion.
    I think there are better options out there, Octane9 and the TiRant.
    I like the Ospreys myself but you stated you did not like the look and they do not fall into your take apart requirements.

You are going to find out there will have to be some give and take when trying to get a multi-caliber suppressor. Most being the size of a 9mm can a 22 pistol.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: looking for opinions on my first multi caliber suppressor (used for 9mm - .22)

AAC Tirant 9 is the best option in my opinion. The quietest option by far. 9s will be pretty damn loud.
    You can pick it up for a hair over 700 here and you don't pay any taxes on an online purchase:

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-ti-rant-9

Sturm sometimes has ads selling Tirant 9 for under 700 you just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by TheLom; December 20th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

(Bucks County)

thanks guys for the input, i wish i was getting email notifications on here (PAFOA)... its not working right. anyways, i still haven't decided.

part of me wants to get the AAC Ti-Rant 9 and use it for mulit calibers, and another part of me wants to get a dedicated can for 9mm and a dedicated can for .22lr. but the more i think about it the AAC Ti-Rant 9 seems to be one of the, if not the quietest 9mm suppressors on the market, and definitely in the top 3 for overall best 9mm suppressor (size, weight, quality) and its fully user serviceable.

so the more i think about it, the more i think it would be a great first multi gun suppressor that i could use on my 9's and 22's and if i want something smaller, lighter, and shorter down the road for my 22's, im still left with one of the best 9mm cans to stay with the other guns. the other option is since the AAC Ti-Rant 9 is so pricey, i could get a cheaper 9mm can and a 22lr can for around the same price as the ti-rant, id just 1 extra tax stamp.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWRY1911 View Post
    thanks guys for the input, i wish i was getting email notifications on here (PAFOA)... its not working right. anyways, i still haven't decided.

part of me wants to get the AAC Ti-Rant 9 and use it for mulit calibers, and another part of me wants to get a dedicated can for 9mm and a dedicated can for .22lr. but the more i think about it the AAC Ti-Rant 9 seems to be one of the, if not the quietest 9mm suppressors on the market, and definitely in the top 3 for overall best 9mm suppressor (size, weight, quality) and its fully user serviceable.

so the more i think about it, the more i think it would be a great first multi gun suppressor that i could use on my 9's and 22's and if i want something smaller, lighter, and shorter down the road for my 22's, im still left with one of the best 9mm cans to stay with the other guns. the other option is since the AAC Ti-Rant 9 is so pricey, i could get a cheaper 9mm can and a 22lr can for around the same price as the ti-rant, id just 1 extra tax stamp.
    You are going to keep those suppressors for the rest of your life (used suppressor market is non existent) and pay $200 for each transfer. It doesn't make much sense to buy a cheaper can (how much can you really save?) that doesn't offer the best performance in my opinion.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLom View Post
    You are going to keep those suppressors for the rest of your life (used suppressor market is non existent) and pay $200 for each transfer. It doesn't make much sense to buy a cheaper can (how much can you really save?) that doesn't offer the best performance in my opinion.
    thats a pretty good point. the aac is definitely a nice quality set up! and it will do a decent job on .22lr (it will just be a little long and heavier than i want), but at least i would have an optimal set up for 9mm. and if i want to go to the next level for the 22's i can always get a good one of them later on.

(Bucks County)

As far as i know acc doesnt make a 3-lug psiton for it yet.... correct?
    does anyone know if theres an adapter available for one of these below to fit onto my 9mm 3 lug barrel or if another company's piston can be used?

i know you can get these pistons below from AAC....*

AAC 9mm Piston Thread Pitch Options & Typical Uses:
    1/2"-28 Thread: Most Common Aftermarket 9mm Barrels
    1/2"-32 Thread: Common Factory Handgun, Carbine & SMG 9mm Barrels
    1/2"-36 Thread: Common Factory Handgun, Carbine & SMG 9mm Barrels
    M13.5x1 LH Thread: Factory Sig Sauer, HK and S&W M&P 9mm Barrels
    M13x1 RH Thread: Factory Glock 9mm Barrels (Generally not available in US)
    Last edited by BLOWRY1911; January 31st, 2013 at 07:06 PM.

(Bucks County)

it looks like at the 2013 shot show AAC has unveiled the they will be releasing in Q1 of 2013 a AAC Ti-Rant 9 3-Lug piston (adapter) to add to the list above!!!!!

(Monroe County)

I know there's also Gemtech Trinity, but I heard there not that great (DB - ?, L- 6.5, D- 1.25, W- 5.6oz).
    I have a Trinity and it works great, but it was replaced by the Multi Mount a few years back so it's not an issue. At least now the Multi Mount is serviceable.

The glock barrel is actuall lh thread

As far as i know acc doesnt make a 3-lug psiton for it yet.... correct?
    does anyone know if theres an adapter available for one of these below to fit onto my 9mm 3 lug barrel or if another company's piston can be used?

i know you can get these pistons below from AAC....*

AAC 9mm Piston Thread Pitch Options & Typical Uses:
    1/2"-28 Thread: Most Common Aftermarket 9mm Barrels
    1/2"-32 Thread: Common Factory Handgun, Carbine & SMG 9mm Barrels
    1/2"-36 Thread: Common Factory Handgun, Carbine & SMG 9mm Barrels
    M13.5x1 LH Thread: Factory Sig Sauer, HK and S&W M&P 9mm Barrels
    M13x1 RH Thread: Factory Glock 9mm Barrels (Generally not available in US)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast