Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi There

(Berks County)

Default Hi There

Well this area looks slow but WTF:

New member - old guy - in the Reading area. Here to learn about the changes to firearms in the past 25 years or so (when I shot a lot.)

Joined the MASA range recently cuz it's close for me. Work lots of hours/days so won't have much time to shoot. Some day I'll retire and get to play.

Didn't check in at the main "intro" area but thought I'd say Howdy here. Will be doing more lurking than contributing.

Later, JoeR
    Last edited by stainless; December 18th, 2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo

Talking Re: Hi There

Hey Stainless...welcome. Yeah this area is like waitin for a date at charles evans....I too go to MASA. I live within a little over a mile from there so it has just enough to keep me paying those HUGE membership fees. Maybe I will run into you sometime.
    COPS CARRY GUNS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES ...NOT YOU!!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Hi There

Newbie here as well. Just trying to find my way around. Hope to learn a bit, more than a bit actually!

(Berks County)

For the couple guys that shoot at MASA:

Would I need to have a "sponsor" or referrer to join, or can I just ship a registration in cold? I found them on the web, and I work at the airport so it looks to be a pretty ideal place.

I'm also relatively new here - moved in May to the area. Just bought my first handgun at the Leesport show this weekend. Heading to the Sheriff to get my LTCF this week.

Glad I found you guys!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gregarious119 View Post

Would I need to have a "sponsor" or referrer to join, or can I just ship a registration in cold? I found them on the web, and I work at the airport so it looks to be a pretty ideal place.

I'm also relatively new here - moved in May to the area. Just bought my first handgun at the Leesport show this weekend. Heading to the Sheriff to get my LTCF this week.

Glad I found you guys!
    Just send it in. You'll have to go to an orientation before you get your membership card. Marti and Scott are great people!
    Last edited by xotech; January 7th, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gregarious119 View Post

Glad I found you guys!

Get ready for a wait on your LTCF. The Sheriffs office is being overwhelmed since the events of December. Just an FYI. Since you work at the airport, should be a breeze for you, not crowded at the substation and very nice from my experience.

As far as the MASA, from what I read you have to go to the bar to get an application then you need signatures of two members. Not sure how that can be mailed in based on that but I am game to listen to ideas as it is close for me as well and seems a good fit for me. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Gunowner99; January 7th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post

As far as the MASA, from what I read you have to go to the bar to get an application then you need signatures of two members. Not sure how that can be mailed in based on that but I am game to listen to ideas as it is close for me as well and seems a good fit for me. Thoughts?
    Not sure what range you are referring to with the bar, maybe Mohnton or Birdsboro, but you just send in the application for MASA, as I said. You can talk to Marti (Margaret) at MASA about your NRA course.

http://www.muhlshooting.org/

Muhlenburg Township Police Range

Range entrance is on 1099 Sofianos Lane in Muhlenburg Township, PA 19605
    http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=40....conf=1&start=1
    Last edited by xotech; January 7th, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

(Berks County)

My mistake, looking at Mohnton as it is close to me, sorry.

I have an e-mail into Margaret about training as well.

(Berks County)

The MASA range is very bare-bones but convenient.

Mohnton was a nice pistol range 20+ years ago. I don't know about now. Was there every Sunday morning way back when.

And welcome to the 2 newbies. Good site, this.....

(Berks County)

Thank you very much. Just looking around and getting acquainted. I have an email back from Margaret and need to call her. Thanks for the advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast