Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bradford County)

Default Borrowing a pistol.

Hello everyone! I just joined the forum about 20 minutes ago. I am 18 years old and a strong advocate of firearms and freedom. This Christmas my parents are getting me a KelTech PF9. I convinced my mother to get her LTCF and my father already has his. Would it be legal for her or him to borrow the pistol and carry it? I think it would be but I want to be safe and not break the law. By the way the Federal Reserve is destroying our currency.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Borrowing a pistol.

Transfers between spouses, parents/child, and grandparent/grandchild are exempt from requiring paperwork. Any loans between those family members would also exempt as a "temporary transfer", so no LTCF would be needed.

However, you would only be able to carry openly on foot. You could never transport the handgun in a vehicle unless going to/from the range, gunsmith, and vacation home. And since we are still in a State of Emergency - you would need a LTCF to carry openly, so you would be crap out of luck until that expires.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bradford County)

Smile Re: Borrowing a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Transfers between spouses, parents/child, and grandparent/grandchild are exempt from requiring paperwork. Any loans between those family members would also exempt as a "temporary transfer", so no LTCF would be needed.

However, you would only be able to carry openly on foot. You could never transport the handgun in a vehicle unless going to/from the range, gunsmith, and vacation home. And since we are still in a State of Emergency - you would need a LTCF to carry openly, so you would be crap out of luck until that expires.
    Thank You. That was very informative and it answered some other questions I had.