Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default "Assault Weapons" - Buy or sell?

Given the current atmosphere, what's the general consensus? Buy anything you can get your hands on in the hopes 30 round mags and AR receivers will be grandfathered in? Or sell off everything you own in an effort to "cut your losses" if we are banned from owning or shooting them (at a range obviously).

Basically, if it mimics the previous assault weapon ban, everything got grandfathered in and prices skyrocketed.

"new and (un)improved?" - Screwed out of your investment.
    Last edited by 45ACP_4_ME; December 17th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

(Delaware County)

Default Re: "Assault Weapons" - Buy or sell?

I don't think anyone is going to tell you to sell. But that is an interesting question

(Schuylkill County)

I could care less what bullcrap "grandfathering" stuff they do, or don't put in. My stuff, is my stuff... period.

So i guess my answer is, I'm keeping my investment. And Iwill continue to buy as money permits.
    III%

(Bucks County)

I look at the current market and it's near impossible to find AR receivers, complete rifles/carbines, or even components to build them. I bought a few extra receivers before they dried up, and I'm wondering if I threw my money away.

Logistically, if a ban goes through and guns aren't grandfathered in... what they heck does an individual do with it?
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Buy......if you sell you may not be able to buy again the way things are looking.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP_4_ME View Post
    I look at the current market and it's near impossible to find AR receivers, complete rifles/carbines, or even components to build them. I bought a few extra receivers before they dried up, and I'm wondering if I threw my money away.

Logistically, if a ban goes through and guns aren't grandfathered in... what they heck does an individual do with it?
    Understandable.. honestly, I'd just hang onto them if I were you. None of us know exactly what the legislation will look like, but chances are it won't be an all out ban on "assault rifles". It will probably be more along the lines of reinstating the magazine limits, maybe limiting lower receivers, things like that.. which if this assumption is true, your lowers and magazines would be worth more (just like during the first one)..

But then again, this is all speculation, and it could end up being an all out ban and we're all screwed.. but me personally, I'd ride it out.
    III%

(Monroe County)

Just by use of the term "Assault Weapon" places this entire topic thread and the original poster in question.

Most people don't own or possess selective or full automatic fire "Assault Weapons", as termed by the anti-gun media and intruders on Second Amendment rights.

Civilians for the most part own and possess semi-automatic rifles that look like military arms. Since I for one do not own an "Assault Weapon" so-called, then the question has no meaning
    "Make peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable." JFK

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP_4_ME View Post
    I look at the current market and it's near impossible to find AR receivers, complete rifles/carbines, or even components to build them.
    Brand new colts at oaks for 1050.00

(Butler County)

Yeah,if the previous "AWB" taught them anything,(or should have),banning certain rifles on looks alone accommplishes nothing. All we have are semi-auto rifles that look like the select fire ones. Limit mag capacity? Big deal,buy a bunch of 10 rounders and learn to do a fast reload. If anything,they will go after all semi-auto rifles....FOR NOW.....then "sniper" rifles,i.e.,anything with a scope. Handguns? Obamy has already mentioned them for elimination.
    As for me,I'll not give anything up. If the Marxists want to goose-step in and confiscate them from my home,they know where to find me. I'm just wondering how many of these newly-minted federal LE types will be willing to take a chance of not going home to their families that night.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    I could care less what bullcrap "grandfathering" stuff they do, or don't put in. My stuff, is my stuff... period.

So i guess my answer is, I'm keeping my investment. And Iwill continue to buy as money permits.
    Smart idea, what you pay for an AR will double in value months after the possible ban. When I baught my first AR in 1993 for 800; it went up in value to 1500 in 2003.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast