Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default NRA Basic Safety Pistol Course

I was planning on having my girlfriend pay for this course for me for the holidays.
    I'm going to take the course at Delaware Valley Sports Center which is in the greater Northeast Philadelphia. I called up and the person on the phone was really nice, seemed really grateful that I wanted to take my course with their local shop. For a price of $150, I can't argue. I have no previous instruction or knowledge of pistols and deem it as a nice price for a 8 hour course.

They said they hold it about once a month, just letting people know.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: NRA Basic Safety Pistol Course

Quote Originally Posted by djr5252 View Post
    I was planning on having my girlfriend pay for this course for me for the holidays.
    I'm going to take the course at Delaware Valley Sports Center which is in the greater Northeast Philadelphia. I called up and the person on the phone was really nice, seemed really grateful that I wanted to take my course with their local shop. For a price of $150, I can't argue. I have no previous instruction or knowledge of pistols and deem it as a nice price for a 8 hour course.

They said they hold it about once a month, just letting people know.
    I commend you for your decision to take a basic safety pistol course. I'm an instructor in Pittsburgh, and I see so many people at my sportsman's club who never had previous instruction come out with all sorts of guns and do all sorts of knuckle-headed and unsafe things. You should find the class very informative.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: NRA Basic Safety Pistol Course

Quote Originally Posted by slinkwc2k View Post
    I commend you for your decision to take a basic safety pistol course. I'm an instructor in Pittsburgh, and I see so many people at my sportsman's club who never had previous instruction come out with all sorts of guns and do all sorts of knuckle-headed and unsafe things. You should find the class very informative.
    Thank you. I'm doing it for my own knowledge and to be mature about having a gun. I'm 21 years old and I have seen people my age make mistakes. As well as the stupidity of teenagers these days, especially when I read the local news. Back in high-school, a group of kids from my school were playing with a gun, left a bullet in the chamber and killed his friend. Instances like that make me want to have knowledge of proper etiquette of a gun.

AND my girlfriend doesn't like the whole idea of guns as well, lol, so it also makes her feel better if i take a course.