Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I'll answer the question like this, police have to report when they discharge their firearm, I don't have to tell anyone.
They do? Sometimes? Maybe? The reason I respond thusly is because I was at a deer strike site (say that three times fast). The deer wasn't dead, nobody on scene had any way of dispatching the seriously-wounded deer (illegal to do so, but this is out in the middle of nowhere). Anyway, a state trooper showed up (hadn't been called) on his way back to the barracks (end of shift). He checked to see if everyone involved was okay (they were), he proclaimed the damaged vehicle capable of making it home (the headlights were lighting up the roadway immediately in front of the vehicle). Someone pointed out the deer wasn't dead, yet. "Oh!" "BLAM!" "You folks have a nice night, bye." Off he sped, into the darkness (who was that masked man, we asked). I helped load the carcass into the owner's pickup. Anyway, I seriously doubt any paperwork was done over this firearms discharge, seriously.

There's city, there's suburbs, there's country, and then there's out in the middle of nowhere. Each has its own set of rules depending on the circumstances.