Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default If a new assault weapons ban was introduced...?

Out of curiosity was looking at certain laws of the previous assault weapons ban and could not get an answer to the following question. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. If a new awb was introduced much like the one in 90s. What would happen to the citizens already owning these "assault" weapons? Would they be grandfathered in or made to turn them in to a higher "authority"?

(Cambria County)

Default Re: If a new assault weapons ban was introduced...?

I would think it could go either way.

The antis would obviously go all out and insist on a "Turn-in" type ruling.

The pro 2nd A people would stand their ground for no ban.(at least I hope they will)

So we may end up with a "compromise". A ban on any FUTURE sales only.

Just my opinion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Bucks County)

The only hope that a new AWB has of getting passed is if it is as useless and toothless as the last one.

If they try to confiscate, or eliminate all semiautomatic weapons, it'll never pass.

Therefore, the only things that will happen are:

1. Certain semiautomatic guns will be banned based on appearance and features that have nothing to do with their usefulness as murder weapons, like adjustable stocks, pistol grips, and bayonett lugs.

2. 11+ round magazines will be banned.

3. Within months, however, 3D printer plans for 30-round PMAG shells, adjustable stocks, and bayonet lugs, will be uploaded to the internet, and any would-be spree killer with a credit card and a few spare hours will have all the 30+ round magazines and other illegal accessories they want. The rest of us, not so much.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

IMO I think a ban would have a better chance of passing if "grandfathering" was allowed. That is if it would even go to a vote in the house and congress and Barry just doesn't pull some of his dictator bullshit and ram it through. You better believe the people who will be pushing for the bans will be going for broke with no grandfathering at all as well as going after semi-auto firearms as well.

The last AWB was worthless but that will probably not matter much. What the AWB most likely did was cause panic buying and selling more guns, magazines, ammo and etc after it expired.

Hokkmike Guest

All they need to do is dry up the ammo supply chain. I told my wife this morning that the bulk 7.62x39 ammo that I had on my Christmas list is now going to be on the endangered species list headed for extinction.

Watch and see what happens (Congress opens session on January 3) to ammo on the gun store shelves.....

(Bucks County)

all they have to do to pacify the people who already own what they have is "grandfather" them in. Like NO MORE AR's EVER, But if you have one, thats ok. Then there will be no uprising.

Just like say they would do a semi auto ban, No more semi autos ever, but if you have one it dies with you the gets destroyed. People will be mad but they will not rise up because at least they get to keep what they have.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    all they have to do to pacify the people who already own what they have is "grandfather" them in. Like NO MORE AR's EVER, But if you have one, thats ok. Then there will be no uprising.

Just like say they would do a semi auto ban, No more semi autos ever, but if you have one it dies with you the gets destroyed. People will be mad but they will not rise up because at least they get to keep what they have.
    Who wouldn't get mad? Anything off the sort would need to be fought tooth and nail!

(Allegheny County)

Agree with NuclearSociety I think that's exactly what is going to happen

A required "turning in" or face criminal penalties law will never fly in this country, at least in our life times. The country is not yet that "soft". God bless the USA if the 2A is repealed or some law is passed and IMPLEMENTED requiring a turn in of any type of firearms. Now, I do expect another requirement to pass prohibiting the purchase of so called AR type rifles, semi auto pistols and whatever.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Allegheny County)

The simplest thing to do would be reclassify all "assault weapons" as NFA items Like they did with the streetsweeper shotguns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast