Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Shooting Reported at Newtown School

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Wow, you are a couple heartless mother fuckers. Who knows how many elementary school aged kids dead and those are your comments?
    Heartless, inappropriate, and not overly sensitive they may be, but they're not exactly wrong, either.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: School Shooting in Conn. 20 dead

I swear, and I don't care what anyone thinks, but this is the result of top down, bottom up BS to ban firearms. The people will PLEAD for something to be done and our wonderful politicians will have to meet the demands of their constituents. These groups are anti freedom, anti-life and put their agenda in front of anything. Pure evil and yes, it does exist.

On a side note, prayers and support for these stricken families are our main priority. God bless and direct them all giving them peace.

A parent's worse nightmare just came true. No parent should outlive their child. This should not be a time for gun rhetoric from either side pushing an agenda, but you know there will be.

I feel bad for everyone who is a casualty of the loser that chose this course of action. Thoughts and prayers going out to them.

(Allegheny County)

Prayers go out to all the innocent children and the families that lost love ones, that were sacrificed, and killed by another wacko.

Another tragedy in a "gun free" zone

An armed teacher or faculty member could have stop this or lessen the loss.

VERY sad day for everyone.

what it just as sad, as pathetic, is all people that will use this tragedy and twist this for their own political agenda.

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Thumbs down Re: Shooting Reported at Newtown School

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Prayers go out to all the innocent children and the families that lost love ones, that were sacrificed, and killed by another wacko.

Another tragedy in a "gun free" zone

An armed teacher or faculty member could have stop this or lessen the loss.

VERY sad day for everyone.

what it just as sad, as pathetic, is all people that will use this tragedy and twist this for their own political agenda.

The Israelis, surrounded by armed terrorists on 3 sides, figgered it out 40 years ago: they armed all school staff and instituted armed parental patrols of their schools..and as far as I know this has worked.

"Gun-free zone" signs do not work, except for telling the shooter that he will not get shot too soon.

(Beaver County)

Unhappy Connecticut School Shooting

Columbine 2.0. Except the shooter seems to be a parent instead of students... This is really sad...

DEVELOPING: Authorities say at least 26 people, including 18 children, were killed Friday when a gunman opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school.

A law enforcement official said the shooter, who is dead, is believed to be a father of one of the students at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

An official with knowledge of the situation told the Associated Press that the man apparently had two guns.

Earlier reports of a second gunman are unconfirmed. The Connecticut Post reports that police are also questioning a handcuffed man in connection with the shooting. Witnesses told the newspaper he was led out of the woods by officers.

Shortly after 9:40 a.m., authorities reported that a shooter was in the main office of the school. A person in one room had "numerous gunshot wounds," police told the Hartford Courant.

A dispatcher at the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps said a teacher was shot in the foot and taken to Danbury Hospital. Local news outlets also reported that the principal was among those shot.

Parent Lisa Procaccini told Fox News that her daughter was sitting in a classroom when she and others heard gun shots.

"She was in a small class -- a reading group and they started hearing bangs," Procaccini said. "Her teacher, and I’m grateful for this, rushed kids into the bathroom and locked the door. They told kids it was hammering and tried to keep them calm.”

"Children were crying," Procaccini said. "She did tell me about a little boy that was in a police officer’s arms, bleeding. I don’t know if she gets it."

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said two firearms were recovered from the scene.

President Obama was notified of the shooting around 10:30 am ET, White House officials said.

The Newtown School District has locked down schools as a preventive measure to ensure the safety of students and staff.

A statement on the district's website stated that afternoon kindergarten classes have been canceled.

The elementary school has close to 700 students.

Newtown is in Fairfield County, about 45 miles southwest of Hartford and 60 miles northeast of New York City.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14...#ixzz2F3FgFd3P

Having an armed potential victim doesn't ensure that there would be less casualities. However, if initial reports are correct, the President, VP, and the school counselor collectively encountered the shooter after only 3 shots were fired. Had they been armed, if nothing else, they would have drawn the shooter's attention, giving LEOs time to respond. Shooter had a vest on. As it happened, only the VP survived.

My children are in the elementary school right up the street from me, right now. I was looking forward to going to the Oaks show, but this makes me sick to my stomach. My daughter and I were shooting air rifles last night and all I can think is that children her age are dead today.

It's too damn easy to walk into a school and I'm going to have that conversation with our principal.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Adams County)

Reports : 26 -27 dead, 18 children.
    WTF happened?? All these schools are locked down.
    There must be more to this.
    It will take so time to get the full story.
    They just tightened security.
    Shooter 24y/o armed with 4 firearms.
    NRA - LIFE / ENDOWMENT MEMBER
    LIFE MEMBER - VIETNAM VETERANS AMERICA
    U.S.NAVY SEAWOLVES - VIETNAM 69/70

(Cambria County)

This is seriously messed up, prayers to the families up there as well as the responders. Any scene with children will affect everyone involved. Latest update is saying fatalities are 18 children, 8 adults, and the shooter. I don't care what the "motive" is, there is absolutely no reason to ever take the lives of innocent children like this.

I just heard them bring up the AWB topic in the middle of reporting this even though reports have been only handguns involved, why the hell do they always twist shit to fit their own agenda. I wish for once I could watch the news and not want to throw something at the tv, especially when the focus should be on the incident/families/etc.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa.Bill View Post
    Reports : 26 -27 dead, 18 children.
    WTF happened?? All these schools are locked down.
    There must be more to this.
    It will take so time to get the full story.
    They just tightened security.
    Shooter 24y/o armed with 4 firearms.
    Reports he was from NJ and in his early twenties. NJ has the strictest firearms laws in the USA.

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast