Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: newish kimber?

(Lancaster County)

Default newish kimber?

i for one HATE kimber 1911s, let me say that first. i saw a whatever model they call it, pro, ultra, combat, gee whizzbang, tactical, megafasto, defense whatever "sapphire" i dont know the model exacly but it was blue, like an anodized looking color blue with some scroll work and whatnot engraved in it showing through base metal color and it was freakin' pretty. again i dont like kimbers at all but one of these may have to come home with me, i like the looks of it even if it dont run, i want it. anyone else see these yet? what do you think of it?
    I have had surprisingly few homeless people hire me. - GunLawyer001

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: newish kimber?

Is this it by any chance?

I love Kimbers. This is a nice gun.
    Johnnie F.

(Centre County)

Default Re: newish kimber?

Naw, that Saphire is pretty!

Kimbers are great guns. But for some reason, everytime I get one, I end up selling it.
    I saw a slightly used Kimber Raptor II recently, and really really REALLY thought about trading something to get it. That polished blue slide scale scale surration was a thing of beauty. But I knew I just wont keep them...

I had Kimber CustomII, and Tactical custom II. Great guns, but for some reason, I just couldn't fell in love with it. I traded Custom II for Loaded 9mm(eventho overall fit/finish was less then Kimber), and traded Tactical II for TRP, and never looked back.

My biggest issue with Tactical custom II was the fact it had aluminum frame, and I didn't cared for it. It I had a Tactical Custom HD II, it may have been a different story.

If I EVER comes across the Eclipse Custom II in 10mm, I'm buying it regardless of what my wife say tho
    Last edited by Mity2; December 12th, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere