Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Non lethal 9mm ammo

I have been trying to find non lethal or less lethal 9mm ammo. My idea is to have the first bullet in the chamber be less lethal so if it goes off in my pocket it wont be as bad and also if I have to shoot someone and then go to court I can say well I warned them with a non lethal shot first before shooting them for real. What would you recommend me using?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Non lethal 9mm ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Wayneman View Post
    I have been trying to find non lethal or less lethal 9mm ammo. My idea is to have the first bullet in the chamber be less lethal so if it goes off in my pocket it wont be as bad and also if I have to shoot someone and then go to court I can say well I warned them with a non lethal shot first before shooting them for real. What would you recommend me using?
    Haha. This is awesome.

I would recommend stop carrying a gun until you are comfortable enough with it where you wont shoot yourself.

You are carrying a gun and will point it at someone when you are ready to shoot them. If you want it to be less than lethal, just use your fists.
    Last edited by BeerGeek; December 11th, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

(Allegheny County)

What firearm are we talking about? Do you have a quality pocket holster?

I believe that with a proper holster and training the possibility of a AD or ND is virtually non existent.

I also think it will be an uphill battle in court arguing that you used a non lethal round first. How are you going to prove that you did?

What if when a situation developed that you have to use your firearm and you only have time for one shot? What then?

If you don't have one get a proper pocket holster. Then get good training.

If you are still worried about a AD or ND in your pocket carry un-chambered and train for the "israeli draw".

(Northampton County)

If you are in a situation that requires you to shoot someone, you keep shooting until you end the threat. No warning shots. The BG is going to shoot to kill, you should do likewise.

(Washington County)

How about a blank?
    Fortune fingers the fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    How about a blank?
    That's what I was going to say. If you are 100% certain you want your first round to be a *warning shot* that wouldn't *get you in trouble*, then you want a blank. Think about this long and hard though, and I think you will come to the conclusions others mentioned. You want people killing bullets in your people killing gun.

Every time I have had to use my pistol in anger I wanted it to go bang and put metal inside of a person so they stop doing what they are doing. If you can train yourself to go less than lethal in your aim or tactics, fine. But in reality, when it happens, you will go center of mass as taught and very likely kill the person you are aiming at. Know the law before you carry, and be certain of what you will do when you pull the thing out. You should be just fine.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
    How about a blank?
    To the OP, just to be clear I'm not advocating carrying blanks. Merely a smart-ass comment to satiate my need for sarcasm and avoid saying something offensive.

Carry real ammo for real self defense or nothing at all.
    Fortune fingers the fearless

(York County)

If the BG has a gun, you can be sure his first shot Will Not Have a Less Than
    Lethal Round or Blank. This calls into question wether you should be carrying
    in the first place. Re-evaluate your mindset. I sure do not want you to wind
    up with severe bodily injury or death. "I would rather be tried by 12, than
    carried by six." JMO.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Allegheny County)

What everybody else said. What may not be obvious from their comments is that less-lethal rounds will probably get you in trouble. If it's too early to be shooting real bulleps, then it's too early to be drawing your firearm at all. If you draw and fire with rubber bulleps, then you're as good as saying that deadly force wasn't necessary yet, which is as good as admitting to a crime.

It's funny, but true.

(Lancaster County)

Some would say that any 9mm ammo is less than lethal.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast