Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Anyone going to Costa Ludus class?

I signed up for the Carbine Employement 01 class being offered April 23-25, 2013 in Ohio. Just wondering if any PAFOA'er was also signed up or was thinking about signing up.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Anyone going to Costa Ludus class?

Tempting, but I don't have the $$$ up front right now, but by March or April who knows.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Northumberland County)

How much is he charging for the class, ammo included or will you be taking your own?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by schaffer View Post
    How much is he charging for the class, ammo included or will you be taking your own?
    The course is $665 for 3 days of instruction. Round count is listed as 1800 rounds minimum of rifle, and 100 pistol, all of which you need to provide yourself. Add cost of fuel, food and lodging, it is not inexpensive by any means. But, it is 3 days of instruction from whom I consider a world-class instructor, and something I can cross off my bucket list. Treating it as part of my 2013 vacation; I've been to the beach and amusement park before anyways. Plus a week away from the wife makes us appreciate each other more when I return.

(Lancaster County)

A week away from the wife to shoot is only 2nd best to a week shooting with the wife who likes it as much as you do.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

that's very expensive but, man, what a fun weekend
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Allegheny County)

Yes, its expensive, no doubt. I weighed out main criteria such as the fact that I'm 35 and not getting any younger, when will I have another opportunity to train with such an instructor, and considering the state of the country some extra training can't hurt. I look at it as in investment in myself and a chance to learn some new things and hone existing skills (training scars?). Cash comes and goes, but I have found that there are other opportunities that don't always present themselves. Gotta take advantage of them if and when you can.

I'm looking forward to posting an AAR after the class for others to read. Some of the other classes I have taken and can form a basis of comparison are: (in no particular order)

Appleseed events
    Vickers Shooting Method Basic AR-15 Carbine
    BHTC 1 Day Kalashnikov Course
    MDTS Combative Pistol 1 & 2

(Philadelphia County)

haha, I took black hat's last ak course myself, maybe you were there (I was the one guy with an ar).

I'd love to train with costa, but it's going to have to wait till the money's there. He actually has classes pretty often. Ohio and West Virginia, which are both within rough driving distance.

who knows, maybe I'll still sign up.
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by slinkwc2k View Post
    The course is $665 for 3 days of instruction. Round count is listed as 1800 rounds minimum of rifle, and 100 pistol, all of which you need to provide yourself. Add cost of fuel, food and lodging, it is not inexpensive by any means. But, it is 3 days of instruction from whom I consider a world-class instructor, and something I can cross off my bucket list. Treating it as part of my 2013 vacation; I've been to the beach and amusement park before anyways. Plus a week away from the wife makes us appreciate each other more when I return.
    so figure around 1200 for the class with ammo, plus whatever other expenses.

I dont think $700.00 is bad for 3 days of training. When I visited gunsite 12 years ago it was more than that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast