Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default WTB Stripped AR lower.

The title pretty much says it all. I need a stripped lower to start my build. I am located in Lancaster Co. Not too particular about the maker, as long as it is in half decent shape, brand new would be best. If you have anything, the best way to get ahold of me is my e-mail which is K93462000@yahoo.com. Thanks for looking.

Oh yeah, I'm looking to spend about $90-120.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: WTB Stripped AR lower.

you can get them for that price range off of the equipment exchange on AR15.com.

i bought a stag stripped lower from JKiser off of there for, IIRC, about $90.

you have to have it shipped to an FFL, of course.

(Westmoreland County)

Your best may be to find someone selling a lower locally so you can do a FTF deal. That's my plan for my next AR since you won't have to worry about $25+ transfer fees (long rifle, private sale).

(Erie County)

I agree look over at AK47.net and click hometown then pa then classified. There may be someone selling one in PA thats not a FFL.

Thats where I found one when I needed it.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the info guys. I was planning on doing a local purchase from private seller to avoid taxes and FFL transfer fee. If I'm not able to find anything that matches this, I will be purchasing, probably, a DPMS lower from the Del-Ton website.

Have you called your local gun shops to see if they have any in stock? If they don't have them, they can usually order one for you. You still have to pay taxes, but the gun shop I got my stripped lower from only charged $5 for the background check.

It's also a lot easier than having to deal with FFL transfers, oh, and less waiting.

$5 for PICS is what gun shops are charged...good deal. I still have one stripped lower...to be honest...If I was in the market...I'd buy a complete lower. The novelty of "building your own" sounds great, but it's a PITA if you don't know how to do it...and you don't have the right tools. I say just buy a complete upper and complete lower...most of the time you cannot save any money on DIY. When you buy a complete upper or lower...you get a discount because the company you buy it from...gets a quanity discount, so keep that in mind.

(Fulton County)

in the last few months i have seen complete lowers going for $200. a few different companies

Yeah, I don't think I saved any money on my build. I bought a complete upper and then assembled the lower myself. It was frustrating at times, but it was fun. It makes you feel good when you have the finished product in your hand.

You also learn a lot about how the gun works from assembling it.

I had never shot an AR15 before building mine, so I was a complete newbie when I built mine. It took longer than it should have, but I was able to do it in an evening by just using internet tutorials. The only tools I had were a hammer and punch set.

I just looked at the parts and "knew" where they went on the lower...some of the springs were harder to identify, but it went together...and the weapon works...LOL, so I suppose I did it correct. I do agree that you do learn from it, but for someone that was in the military, it's not a big deal to figure it out. I'd still recommend buying complete uppers and lowers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast