Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: What do you do when you know you will have to encounter a school?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I leave my firearm at home because I am not allowed to carry on school property

35 40.70%
  • I leave my firearm in my vehicle so I don't attract any unwanted attention while in the school

25 29.07%
  • I carry anyway because self defense is a lawful purpose

23 26.74%
  • Other, explain

6 6.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Carry & Schools, What Do You Do

I know this is talked about a lot here and there are many opinions on this matter. I am interested in starting a project thread on here about something but need some basic input first. IANAL and I am not advocating committing any illegal activities.

This is a basic poll with screen names withheld for security purposes to those who vote. When you know you have to enter a school building, what do you do? Section 912 outlines the rules for carrying firearms on school property and in school buildings. There has already been one ruling in favor of the other lawful purpose defense. I'm trying to get a feeling for how people handle schools on here.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(McKean County)

Default Re: Carry & Schools, What Do You Do

No comments?

I believe the "other lawful purpose" covers us, BUT I cannot risk the surviving the test, if it was to come to that...

We all know that banning guns in schools is the same as "No Guns" signs - law abiding citizens follow the rules, those with bad intentions don't change their minds just because the law says they should. When the twisted mind can justify revenge or vengeance or video imitation in a target-rich environment, consideration of any law is not part of the picture. Heck they don't even consider the consequences.

I go to a few different schools, all somewhat or mostly rural, for different reasons, all legal, and when I do I look around to see if they could tell if I was to conceal, and in every case no one would notice, but that is as far as it goes for me, just looking.
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Franklin County)

Other....I leave my firearm at home because I'm scared of the police and what they'd do to me if I were caught with my gun at a school.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by FJRMarty View Post
    No comments?
    I've gotten the feeling in the pro-gun community that the words "guns & schools" is a taboo subject. Either that or they don't want to draw unwanted legal attention to themselves. It is true, its an expensive uphill battle for the other lawful purpose defense and you can repeat the common saying tried by twelve, carried by six line. In the end it comes down to a moral decision and I know how I voted.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Franklin County)

I voted for the third choice. Not really much else to say.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

I plead the 5th.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    I know this is talked about a lot here and there are many opinions on this matter. I am interested in starting a project thread on here about something but need some basic input first. IANAL and I am not advocating committing any illegal activities.

This is a basic poll with screen names withheld for security purposes to those who vote. When you know you have to enter a school building, what do you do? Section 912 outlines the rules for carrying firearms on school property and in school buildings. There has already been one ruling in favor of the other lawful purpose defense. I'm trying to get a feeling for how people handle schools on here.
    I park off school property and lock my pistol in my lock box in my truck.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

Voted 3 myself.. I'm actually surprised at the results. REALLY SURPRISED should i say.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post

Curious....Post or link???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post

Curious....Post or link???
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...a-page-10.html

Page 10, post #98
    μολ ν λαβέ

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast