Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mauser HSc

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Mauser HSc

Two things:
    1. I put up a post at the p38 forum to see if anyone there could help.

2. Did you contact the gun shop you bought it from? They might be able to help or recommend you to a good smith.

(Lycoming County)

Sorry about leaving so many posts. Seems like every two minutes I've been getting interrupted.
    I found a potential contact that might be of help with your HSC, but since you're taking it to a smith for spring work see what he says first. If that fails join the p38 forum (free) once your a member search for Lugerdoc, click on his profile and you can send him a private e-mail.
    There are a million stories about pistols coming from German officers. Forget them as most aren't documented. The HSC was also carried by aircrew non-coms.
    Nazi German production ended with serial number 952,000. You got a piece of history. Post war HSC was produced in Italy.
    Those ugly wooden grips are original. Replace them if you want, but don't throw them away.
    You got a good deal on the price even if you currently have a minor problem. The post war HSC's in excellent condition are going in the $400 range and the German productions are going in the $800 range. The stories have nothing to do with the price.
    Good luck.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your find once you get the bugs worked out.

Charlie

Hey Ant,

Congratulations, You have a 1St Class Firearm there. Are you sure the Double action dosen't work?? Firearms from that time pretty much took an act of GOD to be able to fire in double action. Back in the day when I use to carry mine, I always carried it "Lock & Cocked" -- If you remove the slide (Which was light years ahead of the PPks) and work the safety, You'll notice that the firing pin is tilted as the safety is applied, completely removing any chance of an AD related to the firing pin striking the primer.

If you get the "Gun Digest book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part 1 Automatic pistols 2nd Edition by: J B Wood" There is a section of the HSc that would help you out. I got mine from Amazon a few years ago and I still see them for sale at gunshows, It's a Good series to have if you own a few firearms.

TJ
    Recoil Happens

(Lycoming County)

Anthro,
    Did you get the message from Lugerdoc?
    I saw it on the p38 forum.
    Charlie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12