Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vz-58 & vz-2008

(Philadelphia County)

Default vz-58 & vz-2008

What's the good the bad and the ugly on these rifles? I know the basics from my on
    research. Looking for opinions from people with hands on exeriance.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: vz-58 & vz-2008

the czechpoint vz58 is far superior in quality than the century vz2008, period. if money is not an object i would go with the czechpoint without a moments hesitation but if you're looking to save money then the century gun os OK but like anything century quality is hit or miss. i bought a vz2008 on impulse a few years ago for a little less than 500 bucks and it's OK. if you could compare the two guns side by side you can clearly see the difference in quality.

(Pike County)

I would go with the VZ hands down, CZ builds very high quality stuff. If I couldn't afford it I would put it into layaway and pick it up when I had the money. I hope one day to get my hands on a VZ-58.

(Washington County)

Get the CZ.

(Bucks County)

I have the VZ2008 and have been thrilled with it. No problems, no complaints.
    It's a fun rifle and well worth the money I paid for it. A CZ would have been double the cost, and I'd rather spend that money on ammo.
    Last edited by sean7; December 11th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

I have the vz from Czechpoint. I've had it for over a year and a half, and I couldn't be happier.

The rifle is great. The only two problems I've come across it are magazine availability. That I'm sure you already know. Honestly it's not a real big problem. You can get plenty online for a decent price. The only other problem I had was with the metal folding stock. The locking piece on it is absolute shit. Its wobbly and screws with your accuracy. After the first day of shooting I wanted to get rid of it. But there are plenty of adapters for cheap so you can put an AR stock on it. Some have the stock coming straight out which is good for optics, the others have the same angle on the stock as the factory stock. Which is good for iron sights and to keep the natural point of aim.

Oh yes, one other bone I have to pick about the rifle is that I can't just screw on a flash hider.

But honestly, all of that is really minor for me. The rifle is great and I don't regret buying it at all. It's also a really good conversation piece at the range.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Philadelphia County)

Ok I saw a vz-58 tonight for 550. Well two of them, one was a cia from Ga., and the other was from Ct. Is their any difference in quality between them since they where built in different locations?, or is cia a cia? They are both side folders with the plastic infused wood.

I also have a VZ 58 by Czech Point and I can't speak highly enough about them.
    Many ak people stay away from them because of the mags, but they are not that expensive. You can get them from places like apex gun parts and Czech Point. I would buy one from Czech Point because they use the orginal chrome lined barrel and century doesn't. However as another member has already pointed out that you can't take off the (Czech Point) muzzle break because it's welded on to obtain the legal 16 inches. I have not had any problems with the side folding stock, but if you want to switch stocks, there is only one screw that you need to change. However, the screw for the wood/plastic vs the side folder is different.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabaala24 View Post
    Ok I saw a vz-58 tonight for 550. Well two of them, one was a cia from Ga., and the other was from Ct. Is their any difference in quality between them since they where built in different locations?, or is cia a cia? They are both side folders with the plastic infused wood.
    quality is the same regardless of the location stamped on the receiver. you only have two choices if you want a vz58, the lessor quality century or the more expensive but worth every penny czech point.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by semiautoweapon View Post
    I also have a VZ 58 by Czech Point and I can't speak highly enough about them.
    +1

My Czechpoint vz.58 is my SHTF weapon! It runs like a swiss watch. It's not an AK but it runs circles around the Kalashnikov when it comes to ergonomics and ease of operation. Stock up on mags and you'll be a happy camper for a long time!
    I want your vz.33

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast