Quote Originally Posted by mp517prct View Post
+1

My Czechpoint vz.58 is my SHTF weapon! It runs like a swiss watch. It's not an AK but it runs circles around the Kalashnikov when it comes to ergonomics and ease of operation. Stock up on mags and you'll be a happy camper for a long time!
The felt recoil is much better on a vz58 compared to an AK-47 as well. I just went shooting yesterday where we were shooting our respective rifles. Mine of course vz58 and his some AK variant. The recoil on the vz feels like a slight push. Mainly back but a little up. Very smooth feeling when you shoot it. Whereas the AK, I could feel the whole bolt assembly slamming back and forth and it felt like the gun was jumping all over the place. It would pull it down or left. I had to work a lot harder to keep it on target when firing quickly. By the way, I have an AR-15 stock on mine with the factory angle adapter. There's nothing to absorb the recoil in the stock either but they sell on. I think zahal has one.

vz58 for the win. I would take it over an AK, or an AR for that matter, any day or for SHTF. Just stock up on mags cause you won't find them like an AK or AR.