Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: concealed

(Westmoreland County)

Talking concealed

i was asked to day . if your side arm is not concealed all the way will you get in trouble please help me answer this.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: concealed

Quote Originally Posted by truckinrolls View Post
    i was asked to day . if your side arm is not concealed all the way will you get in trouble please help me answer this.
    No, there is no "printing" law here in PA, in fact you can carry openly in PA, without a license, except in "cities of the first class", (currently Philly is the only one) or during a state of emergency anywhere in PA.

(Lehigh County)

do you have an lctf? if not and it gets covered either by you or say a shirt covers part of it, yes, you can be in trouble. if you have a ltcf, no problems.

(Crawford County)

If you have a Pennsylvania License to Carry a Firearm, you may carry concealed where ever it is legal to do so (please familiarize yourself with the law, there are several sources including this very forum). You can "Open Carry" without a PLCF, as long as you are eligible to own the weapon. However, if your shirt for example comes untucked and covers part of your weapon you could theoretically get into trouble.

Best option for me would be to get the license (as I did), and then carry however you wish. I carry concealed, but that's my own choice. Many members here carry openly and are very happy doing so.

(Monroe County)

If you have an LTCF concealed or open doesnt change the price of tea in china here. If you DO NOT have an LTCF however, you do NOT want your sidearm to become covered...at all...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by truckinrolls View Post
    I'm assuming you know that in PA you can carry openly and in order to conceal, you must have a LTCF. That being said, a lot of people think that once they get a LTCF they are required to conceal, and that is obviously not true.

Look at it this way, just because you have a driver's license doesn't mean you can't ride the bus.

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by vavulaka View Post
    I'm assuming you know that in PA you can carry openly and in order to conceal, you must have a LTCF. That being said, a lot of people think that once they get a LTCF they are required to conceal, and that is obviously not true.

Look at it this way, just because you have a driver's license doesn't mean you can't ride the bus.

Yep. I carry conceal by choice, but its nice to know that if I'm carrying open and my shirt comes untucked or I toss a jacket on and cover part of the weapon I'm covered by my LTCF. Just a bit of CYA for me, is all.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by brsims View Post
    If you have a Pennsylvania License to Carry a Firearm, you may carry concealed where ever it is legal to do so (please familiarize yourself with the law, there are several sources including this very forum). You can "Open Carry" without a PLCF, as long as you are eligible to own the weapon. However, if your shirt for example comes untucked and covers part of your weapon you could theoretically get into trouble.

Best option for me would be to get the license (as I did), and then carry however you wish. I carry concealed, but that's my own choice. Many members here carry openly and are very happy doing so.
    Not in Philly and not during a state of emergency nor within 1000' of a school zone