Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: STI 2011 Tactical 4.15 Review

if you google "STI 2011 9mm" this review shows up on the first page

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sti+2011+9mm

anyone looking to get one and looking for info would be well served to find your review.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    if you google "STI 2011 9mm" this review shows up on the first page

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sti+2011+9mm

anyone looking to get one and looking for info would be well served to find your review.
    Woohoo! I've made the big-time now!

I Googled STI Tactical 4.15 and found this review as the 7th one down.
    Last edited by NineseveN; March 18th, 2008 at 09:24 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

If you are going to have the grip done, I suggest APS http://www.advancedperformanceshooting.com/default.php

Here is a grip he did for me http://www.gansguns.com/images/ds11112.jpg
    Last edited by hzox221; March 18th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Northampton County)

Awesome review....

Jealous

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    If you are going to have the grip done, I suggest APS http://www.advancedperformanceshooting.com/default.php

Here is a grip he did for me http://www.gansguns.com/images/ds11112.jpg
    Yeah, if I do that's where I'll go. That's a nice grip he did for ya.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post

But PA Highlander and Duck have always struck me as very down to earth people, I just don't think of them as people that would not only salivate over a gun that costs more than $1600.00, but by the end of a single shooting session with it, would be so impressed that they'd start making verbal plans (even jokingly) to sell other guns, one of their cars or each other in order to buy themselves an STI 2011. Me, I'm definitely that impulsive, I guess I expected more from those two. I can honestly say that I've never been so happy to see myself disappointed in two people before.
    Well, hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later seeing as how everything's falling into place. And here I was hoping to get a good deal on anyone wanting a trained monkey (er, husband).

(Somerset County)

Yes, I shoved my really expensive gun into a bunch of rocks for a picture.
    I run 'em like I stole 'em.
    Ya know, you're wordy - it took me 15 minutes to read all of this!

And yes folks I watched NineseveN shove his brand new STI into my driveway complete with gravel on metal grinding noises. A man after my own heart really ... tools are meant to be used and shouldn't need to be coddled.

So, how does it shoot? In a word, holycowthisthingisawesome.
    +one billion! Just smooth in every aspect!

PA Highlander and Duck graciously donated the shingle pile in their yard as fodder for my function test, which gave me a great idea; why not twist both or their arms and make them shoot my new STI too? Three different shooters or different physical attributes, different hand sizes, shooting styles, shooting abilities and different levels of familiarity with the 1911 platform. If anyone could manage to force a neglected STI to jam up, someone in our group would surely be able to, right? Wrong.
    Yeah, he really had to twist our arms hard!
    It's not even fair to compare NineseveN's STI with my Springfield GI Micro Compact ... it's like the difference between an beater car and a performance car. Sure both get the job done but no matter how much tweaking you do the beater it just isn't going to run like the performance car.

But PA Highlander and Duck have always struck me as very down to earth people, I just don't think of them as people that would not only salivate over a gun that costs more than $1600.00, but by the end of a single shooting session with it, would be so impressed that they'd start making verbal plans (even jokingly) to sell other guns, one of their cars or each other in order to buy themselves an STI 2011. Me, I'm definitely that impulsive, I guess I expected more from those two. I can honestly say that I've never been so happy to see myself disappointed in two people before.
    I have never considered myself a gun snob, I like practical things that I can use. I always considered "race" guns like this only worthwhile if you compete and have the time to tune and coddle it. WRONG! This gun was f-ing awesome ... just the level of precision and quality in the piece makes it worth $1600. Of course I joked that it's a little to bulky for my tastes as a carry piece so what does NineseveN do ... point out that the STI VIP is a more carry oriented version. Of course Duck and I are now planning for matching STI's (might as well get sequential serial numbers too ) in the not too distant future!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Highlander View Post
    Ya know, you're wordy - it took me 15 minutes to read all of this!
    Took me 120 minutes to write it.

It's not even fair to compare NineseveN's STI with my Springfield GI Micro Compact ... it's like the difference between an beater car and a performance car. Sure both get the job done but no matter how much tweaking you do the beater it just isn't going to run like the performance car.
    Hey, I like the Micro Compact...I like how it's heavier than my STI even though it's so much smaller.

I have never considered myself a gun snob, I like practical things that I can use. I always considered "race" guns like this only worthwhile if you compete and have the time to tune and coddle it. WRONG! This gun was f-ing awesome ... just the level of precision and quality in the piece makes it worth $1600. Of course I joked that it's a little to bulky for my tastes as a carry piece so what does NineseveN do ... point out that the STI VIP is a more carry oriented version. Of course Duck and I are now planning for matching STI's (might as well get sequential serial numbers too ) in the not too distant future!
    You know, they do make singlestack guns around the size of the Micro Compact too...but the VIP is just so much cooler IMHO.

Thanks again for the help and the use of the shingle pile. I had a great time.

(Pike County)

Great Review! Great looking gun!

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi

(Somerset County)

Hey, I like the Micro Compact...I like how it's heavier than my STI even though it's so much smaller.
    Ya know ... that would almost be funny if it wasn't true!
    I'd rep ya for that jab (and an excellent review) but I've got to spread the love first.

You know, they do make singlestack guns around the size of the Micro Compact too...but the VIP is just so much cooler IMHO.

Thanks again for the help and the use of the shingle pile. I had a great time.
    Yeah, I had to visit that link you provided to STI's page on the VIP. Too cool.

No problem man, you know where to find us. Glad we could be of assistance in breaking in the new arrival.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast