Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Airsoft Trainers - The Basics Before Buying

Just a little background before I start this lengthy post, I have been playing airsoft via skirmishes, operations, and CQB for almost 9 years now. I started back when there were only three-four companies to purchase replicas from, and now there are close to 25 who I would recommend for different purposes. The objective of this post is not to sway you into picking up airsoft, but it is not just the 10 year olds who had mom buy them a $5 pistol to play 'wars' in the backyard. All of these airsoft replicas use 6mm BBs of varying weights (more on that later).

A Short history of Airsoft

Airsoft was started originally in Japan in the 1970's and 80's. A law was passed in the country where a citizen can only own a projectile firing weapon that has an energy output less than 1.0 Joules of energy. This is equivalent of a 0.20gram BB traveling at 300 feet per second from the muzzle. As a result, people in other countries wanted more out of their guns which led to upgrades and the like. Now the accessories market is much like the AR15 market. Lots of competitors and tons of options.

Types of Airsoft Guns

Airsoft guns, replicas, what-have-you, are broken up into three categories. Each of these are based upon the means of projecting the BB out the barrel: Spring, Electric, and Gas. There are hybrids as well which have emerged in the last year, and I will briefly talk about them.

First up are Spring Type Airsoft Guns. There require manual operation of a bolt, slide, or charging handle to feed BBs. Commonly associated with cheap $20 pistols and rifles from Dick's, Walmart, and gander Mountain. There are higher end spring rifles which can retail for upwards of $500. A general rule of thumb is if it costs less than $50 from a sporting goods store, you should probably avoid it for a decent training pistol. The cheap guns are nice to teach younger shooters the basics of loading, unloading, shooting close range, and just plain fun. Many of my friends buy them and we have fun little competitions in the garage to laugh when someone jams.

The higher spring guns tend to be in the form of sniper rifles and bolt actions. Common models are based off of the Remington 700 series and Accuracy International L96A1. There has even been a manual spring type airsoft gun based off of the M82A1 (retailing for over $1,400). The advantages of a spring type rifle for skirmish play are as follows:

- The consistency of the velocity. A properly tuned rifle can get a deviation of between +/- 0.1 feet per second between shots. This requires heavy modification though, resulting in a lot of money spend on upgrades.
    - Higher FPS ranges. Most spring sniper rifles start at 400 FPS out of the box with a 0.20gram BB, and can be upgraded to shoot 600+ FPS with a 0.40gram BB. Again, this requires heavy upgrading to get the best performance and durability.
    - Generally speaking, longer ranges. This comes to the same type things you find with real firearms. Good parts and good ammo make a tack driver.

In terms of training, spring rifles are not accurate at all to their real counterparts. They make an interesting role in gaming, but beyond that and small critter hunting, they have limited use other than a movie prop.

The second type, and most popular these days, is the Electric gun. Often abbreviated AEG (Automatic Electric Gun), AEGs are the most common for players and even as trainers as well. The replica requires a battery to power a motor, which turns a gear train of 3-4 gears. The last gear contacts a piston, which is pulled back to compress a spring. When the last tooth of the gear drops from the rack on the piston, the piston pushes forward to force air to a BB, propelling it out the barrel. Most of these replicas have a select fire option, capable of shooting semi or fully automatic.

95% of AEGs are rifles, few are pistols (Some of them have tripled in value due to Glock suing KWA). Rifles types and styles can vary from the small and compact MP5K and Uzi, the full sized M16, M14, and Dragunov, and even the exotic F2000, AUG, and FAMAS. All of them run on the same principle though, and internal part compatibility varies with design. All of them can be upgraded for different performance aspects, varying from increased range, higher rate of fire, and higher velocity. Advantages of AEGs are:

- Wide variety of parts. From externals, to internals, AEGs rule the aftermaket in airsoft. You can do simple things like swap a spring which costs $15 to building a gun from scratch ($250+).
    - Decent consistency. I got my rifle tuned to +/- 0.5 FPS by making a few simple changes. Most factory rifles will be around the +/- 10 FPS. Pretty good considering it is 2.5% of the average velocity (400 FPS).
    - Realistic exterior. The two most common AEGs sold are M4's, and AKMs. While they are not perfect, they come close to the feel of their real counterpart.

Travis Haley currently is endorsing a more advanced style of AEG. It has a recoil engine built into it to provide some sort of impulse into the shoulder after firing. Currently, they do not offer much, but in the next 5 years they could come to within 75% of the real deal. Most players like the AEG rifles for their easy price (around $200 for a basic model) to get started and slowly work up into upgrades or better rifles. Most custom rifles will be in the $500 range, and can exceed $1,000 easily.

The last type of airsoft replica is Gas Powered. These run off of a pressurized gas contained in a magazine or external tank. The most common is known as Gas Blowback. The blowback means the gun cycles nearly identical to the real deal. The slides move back, their bolts move in the receivers, and the hammers even drop. The first gas guns ran off of an external air hose line into the body of the gun. Most of these were hand made, and started at a hefty $1400. These went by the way of the dodo bird in the 1990's when a 'gas in magazine' design was developed. The pressurized gas no longer required the hose to get tangled into things. All of the mags can be refilled and used multiple times. Advantages of using a gas blowback:

- Near perfect realism. Most can fit real parts, but none can fit barrels or have the hammers and triggers fit to allow the firing pin to be hit the primer. Many other parts can be used though to increase the fit and finish. 1:1 dimensions are highly common.
    - Decent recoil produced. 90% feel like a .22, some can feel like a .223. Will toss the gun around to make controlling it more realistic.
    - Steadily increasing market. Gas pistols have been around since the 90's, but gas rifles have only been around for 3-4 years. The choices used to be just an M4, but now expand into the AKM, G36, and even the M14.

I personally use a gas blowback rifle for my training and skirmishing. It is the ultimate in realism. The replicas feel like nothing else. I've had to even invest in better optics (compared to airsoft clones) since the recoil will break cheaper ones. The mags will lock the bolt open when empty and many real parts can be used to have better ergonomics or behave similarly to the real deal. The expense can be high though, most rifles run $350-$500 with each additional magazine ranging from $40-$100 a piece. The affordability has increased with gas rifles, but is still quite high for most gamers. For trainers though, it is around the same for a 'tactical .22'.

Part 2 coming soon. Will go into details about what companies to trust and what ones are a waste of money.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Airsoft Trainers - The Basics Before Buying

Well written. I just bought my son his first airsoft. A cyma AK, just a hair under 400fps and around 700rps, awesome! With .20's bb's on full auto it will cut a soda can in half.
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

(Lycoming County)

Part 2 - What company is right for me?

Just like the real firearms world, one company can easily make 10 different styles of different guns. All too common as well, they tend to excel in one category. Here is my list on my experience with different companies. I will start off by naming pros/cons of each company then go into a list of what I recommend.

Companies

Tokyo Marui - aka TM - originator of the first AEG, TM has had a long standing impress with hardcore, long time airsoft players. All replicas are made in Japan, and as a result, must comply with Japanese firearms laws. All replicas do not have metal exterior parts (the M1A1 Thompson is the only exception because it is exported only) , instead being made of ABS. The hop up and inner barrel assembly is legendary for range and accuracy. Even though it is made of plastic, people are willing to double what it would cost to get a metal one as long as it is a TM. Also pioneered a more consistent gas blowback pistol system, by improving the timing of valve opening and closing. They have fallen by the way side recently, due to their higher cost compared to other brands. Most rifles start at $250, and can go to $750. Most pistols start at $175.

Classic Army - aka CA - One of the first Metal bodied AEGs, they were a good compromise between TM internals and G&P externals (more on that later). Made in Hong Kong, CA had a quality control issue back in 2006, and hasn't really recovered since. They have a two different series of replicas for AEGs, Professional and Sportline. Sportline are generally cheaper, have a plastic exterior, but feature the same internals. Have a few pistols for the GBB market, but not known for them. Professional are their original line. Mostly AR/M4 variations, but also dabble in AKs, and are one of a handful of companies that produce an AEG FN FAL (Under license from DSA as their SA 85)

I Chih Shivan - better known as ICS - Originally started as an aftermarket manufacturer, ICS pioneered newer technologies with AEGs. Their M4 series was the first to feature a realistic take down by breaking in half like a shotgun. You could swap the upper section of the gearbox (containing piston and spring) with an upgraded one without having to mess with the gears. ICS also paved the way for more exotic replicas such as the Galil series and Sig 55X. Also hopped onto the Sportline/Professional type of replicas as well. Both are good. I still have mine even after 5 years.

King Arms - KA - Mostly an aftermarket producer, they have some of better looking external finishes for AS replicas. Many of their parts are used to upgrade others externally. AEGs tend to be costly, upwards of $300. Most buy them to overhaul the internals.

G&P - Known for having the best exterior quality for the M4/M16 series, many buy them and run them 'til they break. I have my eye on one when my ICS sells. They have a huge aftermarket selection as well, paving the way for others to join in. Made in Hong Kong as well, generally will set you back $300-$350. Haven't changed much in the past few years with new products, but each rifle is hand built and tested by a technician before leaving the door. One more recent item is the G&P GBB M4 WOC-X Challenge kit. It is a Western Arms series GBB M4 that is completely disassembled. Instructions are included to assemble it for a decent out of the box gun. Really needs heavy upgrading to work properly and reliability.

Vega Force Company - VFC - Another company known for having the best exterior quality. Specialized in AKs for awhile before adding the first HK416 in airsoft history. Now they have SCAR-L's, SCAR-H's, and the only company to produce an AEG HK417. These will cost you though, as most start at $400. Also produce the Robinson Arms XCR for AS, currently working on an AEG and GBB HK416C, and have a limited edition 20in HK417 DMR variation (limited to 250 pieces at a price of $700)

Guay & Guay - G&G - This Taiwan company joined in what I like to call "The Affordable Era", around 2007-2008 a number companies joined into the market by producing good quality for the money replicas under $200. They were the first to produce a Sportline/Professional set of lines. Most come pre-upgraded out of the box with better barrels, and reinforced internals. Good, quality guns for starting a new player into skirmishing.

CYMA - While originally know for cheap plastic guns, they have come a long way since. Their AK series is one of the best for the money, coming in under $200 for a steel body and wood furniture. For all you AK guys, one of my teammates actually does pushups on his CYMA (like the Russian military and Spetsnaz) and it has ran perfectly.

KWA/KSC - Known for having good AEGs to run out of the box, this company is better know for its GBB line. They have the most efficient GBB pistol line out there with the NS2 gas delivery system. Recently have added a gas rifle line, but like many of their products they have proprietary parts. Few aftermarket parts will fit, but they actually test thoroughly before releases. One of the first companies to have a Glock replica line before Glock USA sued them over trademark and trade dress infringement. You can no longer find G series pistols in the USA, you must buy them overseas and have them imported. Currently working on the MKV (a Makarov GBB pistol) and finishing up the first TDI KRISS (aka Vector for the video gamers). The KRISS will be a GBB SMG with the 2-round burst feature as well as a lightning quick full auto. Also have an MP7, MP9, and a MAC-11 in GBB. KSC is the sister company in Japan, and tailor the GBB pistols and rifles to their market and laws.

Jing Gong (Golden Bow) - JG - First of the 'clone' companies. They used to buy up TM's molds and use them until they couldn't get parts to fit together. Generally are much cheaper, around $150 for most AEGs. Most people buy them to gut them and build something else. Newer players are attracted to the lower price.

Wetti Enterprises-Tech - WE-Tech or simply WE - Started off doing the same thing, but with gas blowback pistols. Their affordable price of around $100 for most models, even with metal slides and frames (unlike TM's). They have since exploded in the industry and advanced their quality. Many of their pistols are compatible with TM aftermarket parts. The second to produce a successful gas in magazine M4 series, but easily the most affordable ($250 for older models, $300 for the MUCH improved system). Many real steel (abbrev. RS and means real AR15 parts) parts will fit with minimal modification. Were the first to develop a GBB G36 (named G39 to avoid trademark infringement), GBB SCAR-L, GBB M14, and GBB SVD. Current projects include a GBB MP5, Steyr AUG, and P90, but got shelved due to licensing issues. Also working on a new professional series of AEGs that have a similar system to the Systema Professional Training Weapon series.

Systema - Specializing in highly realistic M4 platform rifles, these are 1:1 with the real deal. 100% proprietary in every respect, but was the first to offer an electric brake system to stop firing when the magazine was empty, and had a follower that fed all the BBs out of a magazine (Most replicas have 2-3 more left when they will no longer feed due to the hop up unit). Retail for $1,000+, but are considered one of the best AEGs.

Echo 1 - sometimes E1 - A US distributor that simply rebrands other manufacturer's guns. They make minimal modifications to improve performance, but offer licensing and trademarks not available to imported brands and a longer warranty. Generally cost $25-$50 more than a JG.

Real Sword - sometimes RS (can be confused with real steel sometimes) - The first and only AS company to produce a 1:1 AK stamped receiver. Practically uses the same processes to make it as well, they are another Hong Kong company and produce licensed Chinese model AK series (Type 56?) Also the only company to make the QBZ-95 (Type 97, and 97B) and the first with a real wood and full steel bodied Dragunov SVD. The internals had to be redesigned for the AK receiver, so many parts are proprietary. Higher cost of $400 to start.

ARES/S&T - Formerly STAR - When the Chinese government raided a bunch of AS companies 3 years ago, STAR had to lie in wait. They changed the name to ARES, and have been growing ever since. Used to make an M249, SL9, and a MK48, but now produce the only TAR-21, PPSh-41, and started the L85 series of bullpups. Their M4 and G36 series is pretty good, but can be beat by others.

KJW - Another clone company in the GBB pistol market, but have refined designs with metal slides and barrels to be more robust. Their M1911 is top notch, and their M92 isn't half bad either. Third to produce an M4 GBB rifle, it is considered the most reliable, but sacrifices it for realism. Not one of the better ones, but still is a good choice.

Ranking
    Alright, that takes care of most of them. Many of them have improved over the years from humble beginnings. Below I have devised a list that details what is good for what style of pistol/rifle. Top is best, bottom is still good but not the top.

M1911
    KJW (best for Hi Capa or double stack models) & WE (Many options)
    KWA
    TM

M9 Series
    KWA
    KJW
    WE
    TM (M9A1 model is one of their best offerings)

H&K USP Series
    KWA (Offer an HK45 model as well)
    KJW

Glock Series
    WE
    KSC/KWA
    KJW
    TM

SIG P22X
    KWA
    WE
    KJW

There are other pistol models, but only generally each company produces some exotic pistol (WE makes a Hi-Power, TM has a Five-seveN, KJW makes the Auto-9 Robocop pistol & Black Lagoon Cutlass MOD 9, KWA has the TT-33 and soon to be Makarov). WE & TM both produce an XDM-40 (WE is better, and offers the Compact 3.8), and WE just released the M&P40 line before TM could get its M&P out.

Now for AEGs:

M4/M16
    G&P
    ICS
    G&G
    CA
    KWA
    ARES
    TM
    E1
    JG

AK Series
    RS
    CYMA
    ICS
    CA
    E1
    JG

MP5
    G&G
    ICS
    CA
    E1
    JG

G36
    KWA
    ARES
    E1
    JG

Gas blowback M4
    WE
    G&P WOC (Not WOC-X)
    KJW

There are some more exotic type guns, but you can ask me directly for those. Next up will be the overview of my personal AS armory. I am more than willing to answer questions you may have about things.

(Lycoming County)

So like I said, I am really into gas blowback airsoft replicas. I currently own 4 rifles, and four pistols. I'll show off the pistols in the next post, since this is 30 some pictures.

First up is my most recent build, a 10.5in with an LMT style Rebar cutter flash hider, replica VLTOR VIS-2, replica Aimpoint T-1 w/ twist off magnifier, and a replica SR-25/PDW folding front sight. Lower has a RS Magpul CTR, RS A.S.A.P. by Magpul, Magpul MOE-K, Magpul B.A.D. Lever (fit onto the bolt release no problem), RS Yankee Hill Machine EZ-Pull Take down/Pivot pins, RS springs and detents. RS Tango Down Vertical grip and Magpul rail panels cover up the rails.

As you can see, the bolt can be locked open and released just like its RS counterpart. They even replicated the start type lugs of the bolt.

Disassembly is much like the real thing. Two pins and the upper is off. Even a real buffer lock can be added.

Bolt carrier even looks similar to what the real deal does. The charging handle is a RS BCM Gunfighter Mod 3. It only requires a small pin to be added to properly engage the bolt carrier.

The trigger pack is much different than the real one for obvious reasons. The hammer sits lower than where a firing pin would contact it so even if you managed to attach a real upper, it wouldn't touch the firing pin. Auto sear works just like the real thing. The nice thing about this particular gun, is the trigger pack is a complete unit, so you can drop in a replacement without too much hassle.

Top of the magazine. You can see where the valve and feed lips are to cycle the replica.

Next up is my newest edition to the AS armory, an AK 'PMC'. The PMC just states that it has a railed gas tube, fore arm, and a buffer tube to add M4 stocks (Milspec diameter). I threw the CTR from the VLTOR gun since I bought it without the stock. Current plans are to swap all the PMC junk for Russian wood and add a PSO low magnification combat scope. It has no flash hider, but I have a replica AK74 brake in the mail. They do make 7.62 style steel mags in case the '74 is a little too modern for you. Both types of mags fit into the gun. A Krinkov style is also available with an 8.5 in barrel and side folding stock. the body has been weathered on purpose to give it a 'well used' look.

You can see the rear sight and railed gas tube. You can mount a T-1 on it to have a lower 1/3 co witness I believe.

Dust cover pops off just like the real thing, revealing the trigger group. The hammer is positioned about half an inch behind the bolt, so it won't fire a real bolt carrier. I do not know if a real bolt will even fit to begin with. Selector switch has an extended piece for use with the trigger finger, and a cut out to lock the bolt back. I currently have no plans to change this, as I still have to see if a real selector switch will fit.

Bolt looks similar to the real deal. Recoil spring looks like an AK-47 steel rod, as opposed to the AKM's two piece bent wire one.

Top of the magazine, looks similar to the previous M4 because they are made by the same company.

Third up is my 'Gucci' gun, the Bushmaster ACR, made by Magpul PTS. This one is considered very expensive by AS standards (close to $900 as it sits with one magazine). It uses a different gas system, so the internals will look different than the M4 above (since the real ACR uses a mostly compatible AR15 fire control group). I have this one outfitted with a replica AAC 51T Blackout flash hider, RS Magpul MOE illumination kit (still need a light for it), RS Magpul MVG vertical grip, and a replica 4x ACOG with a Doctor Optic mini red dot on top (fully trademarked). The charging handle can be swapped to either side, and there are three different stocks (Fixed which is included, adjustable side folder, and a PRS-2) and two different fore ends for it (polymer with standard and extended lengths and an aluminum quad rail) sold separately.

The quick change barrel system has been replicated. Currently their are three different lengths, 10.5, 14.5, and 18 in for the AEG variation. The gas blowback version has only the 14.5 in. I have not heard any news about adding additional ones for gas blowback, though I would at least like the 18 in personally.

You can see the star type chamber again, but this time a little more defined since it is a different system.

The trigger group is much closer to the real one. The hammer is modified though to retract partially once it strikes, and has a bend in it so it does not contact the firing pin of a bolt carrier.

Once again, the magazines are different for this system. Many of the same parts are visible though.

Last up is my first gas blowback rifle, an M14. The gun has the heft that the real one does, weighing in at 11 pounds without the scope. I added a Tasco 3-9x42 illuminating scope and have a Harris Style bipod laying around. I bought the sling stud to mount it to the stock, but I have to drill the hole in it to fit the retaining nut. I really want to see if a VLTOR M1A stock will fit, since I have heard minimal modifications are needed to get it to fit. I had no other choice on the magazine color. I know it looks weird. It still has a fun switch though. Their is a bolt cover that rotates with cycling.

The trigger pack looks very similar to the real deal once more. The hammer does not hit the back of the bolt like the AK design, so it won't hit a firing pin if a real bolt was somehow able to fit into it.

Magazine is made by the same company as the M4 and AK, so it simply is bigger for the M14.

As you can see, some changes have been made for safety of the sport. Real parts can be added to make the overall feel better ergonomically or for familiarity. The M4 series can be build into pretty much an configuration desired, which is why I build them for people and LEO's who want a training rifle.

A quick side note, you may notice that on a majority of my replicas, I do not have an orange tip. The US Federal Law requires it for sale, trade, and distribution of airsoft replicas. PA state law says it can be removed as long as it is on private property and you have permission of the owner. Many people put on an orange plug for transportation in case they get pulled over, then remove it when they get to a designated gaming or skirmish field. Even some higher end G&P rifles have a cheap plastic orange flash hider installed, but include a black anodized steel flash hider in the box to swap out. I am not breaking any laws, I promise.

(Clinton County)

If you haven't already, check out http://www.eaghq.com/

I absolutely LOVE that place. Wish I had the time and money to return, played there once and had an absolute BLAST!

I don't own any airsoft though. Someday. I had a good friend that took me up there and let me use some of his equipment.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    If you haven't already, check out http://www.eaghq.com/

I absolutely LOVE that place. Wish I had the time and money to return, played there once and had an absolute BLAST!

I don't own any airsoft though. Someday. I had a good friend that took me up there and let me use some of his equipment.
    Since I go to school in Rochester, I mostly play as part of the Western NY Airsoft League (about 10 different fields spread from Buffalo to Ithaca, and even NYC area). This place has posted on the WNYAL forums before, so I'll have to stop by since they are so close to me (I thought it was on the eastern side of the state). 3,000 square foot outdoor is a little small, but that that just means there is a lot of fast paced action. I've been to games where you are sitting around for an hour waiting for the other team (Or have to walk an hour to get to an objective). I'll have to stop by one game and check it out. It does look like a ton of fun.

My equipment is costly, I will admit. The M4 is worth $750 without mags, the AK cost me $350 with 4 mags (about on par with the real thing!), the ACR close to $1,000 after magazines, and the M14 is getting close to $600 as it sits. Investing in airsoft to start does not really cost that much (About $300 for a basic package, including ammo), so if you need any tips let me know!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Helghast4life View Post
    Since I go to school in Rochester, I mostly play as part of the Western NY Airsoft League (about 10 different fields spread from Buffalo to Ithaca, and even NYC area). This place has posted on the WNYAL forums before, so I'll have to stop by since they are so close to me (I thought it was on the eastern side of the state). 3,000 square foot outdoor is a little small, but that that just means there is a lot of fast paced action. I've been to games where you are sitting around for an hour waiting for the other team (Or have to walk an hour to get to an objective). I'll have to stop by one game and check it out. It does look like a ton of fun.

My equipment is costly, I will admit. The M4 is worth $750 without mags, the AK cost me $350 with 4 mags (about on par with the real thing!), the ACR close to $1,000 after magazines, and the M14 is getting close to $600 as it sits. Investing in airsoft to start does not really cost that much (About $300 for a basic package, including ammo), so if you need any tips let me know!
    EAG is about 2 minutes from my house now so if you ever wind up stopping down shoot me a pm. I would love to go with, if not only to watch but to play too if you had any loaners.

Welcome to the forum btw and great comprehensive post on the subject!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lycoming County)

Thanks for the welcome! I will definitely hit you up when I do. I prefer playing in summer though, since gas guns are temperature dependent and I don't look like the Michilian Man with my winter gear.

(Lehigh County)

I enjoyed reading that even though I never had interest in airsoft.

In my head that's meant to be a compliment. That last sentence is to make sure you take it that way
    Last edited by yeager484; December 6th, 2012 at 04:48 AM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by yeager484 View Post
    I enjoyed reading that even though I never had interest in airsoft.

In my head that's meant to be a compliment. That last sentence is to make sure you take it that way
    Thanks, I know with PA being a 'free state' airsoft isn't as popular since we can get many more options compared to New Yorker's. In New York it is much more popular, so I get by doing repairs for people while I am up in school.

This post was really not intended to sway anyone into airsoft, but rather for those that are on the fence about can make a more informed decision. If I do convert some people though, I won't mind building a rifle for them, or at least answering some questions. It kind of sucks though because many airsoft people are not really 'gun' people. When I mention the LMT MRP or the KAC SR16E3 they look at me funny. Occasionally someone is a gun person so I end up talking to them for hours to get my fill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast