Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 500+ yard range

(Philadelphia County)

Default 500+ yard range

Hello all, I am new to the threads. I did a quick search and nothing really turned up that was recent. I am looking to get into long range shooting. Are there any clubs even remotely close to Philly? I've been going to Lower Providence Rod and Gun since I was a kid. It is an extremely nice facility, but maxes out at 100. I read on here about Holmesburg, but I think they are 50 or 100 as well. Does anyone have any information on some longer ranges around us? Or particular clubs that you recommend with shorter ranges? Im closer to Montgomery County side of Philly (Roxborough) Thanks!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 500+ yard range

You're not going to find that kind of real estate available close to the city, you're going to have to drive, and in some cases, far.

But Atglen isn't incredibly far.
    http://www.atglensportsmensclub.org/index.asp

I don't know how updated this is, but here are a bunch of ranges.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...6233185aa9f870

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you very much for the reply. That actually doesn't look to bad for me. It is showing 50 minutes from my house. I used to travel to French Creek that long if not longer for their 100 yard. It looks like Atglen has a 500 meter range according to their website? I would be more than happy to travel for that. I'll have to continue my research. Thanks again!

(Chester County)

Post Re: 500+ yard range

Check out New Holland Rifle and Pistol club also. They have a very nice facility out to 600 yards, and several other pistol pits. I belong to both Atglen and New Holland. I would say Atglen is a more of a sportsmans club, with archery ranges, skeet shoots, etc. New Holland does a lot of tactical rifle, practical rifle and that type of stuff. Check out the "shoots and range trips" section on this forum, and you will see monthly precision rifle shoots at New Holland. I think they have one coming up Dec 15th.. come on out and shoot the precision rifle course, and you will get a good feel for the range. They shoot movers at 200 yards, and other targets out to 600+ yards.

Hope that help!

Edit: Sorry.. these are listed under the competition section of the site.

http://forum.pafoa.org/competitions-...-dec-15-a.html
    Last edited by rockstrongo; December 3rd, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks Rock. I was just talking to someone from Lower Providence Rod and Gun today about New Holland. Apparently it is where there guys go for long range shoots and had nothing but good things to say about it. It is showing about 1 hr 11 minutes from me now. I'm in the market to move out of this horrific city though. Looking around the North Wales area and it shows 1 hour from there. Not to bad for a 600 yard shot. Thanks for the information.