Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default My new SW M&P Shield .40 S&W

Hello All!

New member here. Just wanted to type up a small review of my new M&P Sheild .40 S&W. Picked it up at Lehigh Valley Guns & Ammo on Friday and got up to Firing Line in Whitehall, PA today to shoot it for the first time. I am a new handgun owner and after much research, I had to get a Shield.

I put 50 rounds of Winchester .40 S&W 180Gr Bonded JHP through the gun today and it shot very well. Had a good recoil but nothing out of control. I shot at 3 distances; 15ft, 25ft and 40ft and was on target with each shot. I have smaller hands and this gun is the perfect size for me to hold on to. I shot a Glock 26 last week and while I liked it, it was just a bit too thick for my liking. Had 2 friends along who also gave it a try and they both raved about the slimness of the gun and how well it fit in the hand.

I definitely made the right choice for my first CC handgun. I could not be happier with it so far. Can't wait to get out and shoot it again.

Sorry for the "amateur" review but it's my first time.

Mark H.
    Last edited by thunder835; December 2nd, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: My new SW M&P Shield .40 S&W

Great choice I picked one up in .40 as well last week. Worth every penny and was a great purchase. I put 201 rounds through it with out a single issue. I shot 2 boxes on Winchester white box and 2 boxes of federal. I also shot one hollow point of federal. Great gun recoil is not bad and the single stack makes it great for carrying. Great purchase and enjoy that pistol. May I ask how much you payed for it?

(Lancaster County)

Welcome and congratulations on your new purchase.

(Bucks County)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing. I've had my eye on the shield, but am undecided on which caliber.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks guys! I hope to get out again soon to shoot it some more. I have to get to the Courthouse to submit my LTCF Application yet but I felt I would start to get familiar with the gun before I even thought about carrying it.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder835 View Post
    Hello All!

New member here. Just wanted to type up a small review of my new M&P Sheild .40 S&W. Picked it up at Lehigh Valley Guns & Ammo on Friday and got up to Firing Line in Whitehall, PA today to shoot it for the first time. I am a new handgun owner and after much research, I had to get a Shield.....

....Sorry for the "amateur" review but it's my first time.

Mark H.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder835 View Post
    Thanks guys! I hope to get out again soon to shoot it some more. I have to get to the Courthouse to submit my LTCF Application yet but I felt I would start to get familiar with the gun before I even thought about carrying it.

That S&W should make a fine CC gun.

May I suggest that you take a "good" handgun training class asap.

As you say, becoming "familiar with the gun" is a good idea, but you need to get some professional course time (and training) at a range in your area.

Welcome and stay safe!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

Hokkmike Guest

Mark H, Mike H here - No apologies required. Well written. And, commendations as well, on an excellent choice of gun and caliber.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post

That S&W should make a fine CC gun.

May I suggest that you take a "good" handgun training class asap.

As you say, becoming "familiar with the gun" is a good idea, but you need to get some professional course time (and training) at a range in your area.

Welcome and stay safe!
    Thanks for the idea! I was thinking about doing this. I am a very cautious person and really did my research before jumping on something. I will definitely be looking for some Training Classes!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Mark H, Mike H here - No apologies required. Well written. And, commendations as well, on an excellent choice of gun and caliber.
    Thanks, Mike H! As I stated, I did a lot of research before I went shopping. I am very happy with my purchase.

(Delaware County)

Also wondering what people are paying for these. I can't find any in the shops around me and they seem overpriced online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast