Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Weatherby 12 gauge w/ skull camo

I went to the range today and met a guy there with a Weatherby PA459 Skull TR 12 gauge. We got to talking and after complimenting me on my two Remington 870's (16 and 12 gauge). He showed me his Weatherby shotgun. I am in the market for a home defense shotgun and have been looking at an 870 express tactical or a Mossberg. As inviting as most gunowners are he asked me if i wanted to shoot his. I am not really a fan of the pistol grips on shotty's but I am willing to try. First off the gun is extremely light and compact. It has a ghost ring rear sight and a FO front sight. This has to be the softest recoiling shotgun I have ever shot, it was a joy. So now he has me seriously thinking about going with one. Do any of you have any experience with Weatherby as a company and/or this shotgun? The skull camp is ridiculously cool looking. Thanks in advance.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Weatherby 12 gauge w/ skull camo

Weatherby is a good company and they stand behind their products and have superior customer service. A friend of mine has that same gun and I have not shot it, but I always admired it. I believe the Weatherby shotguns are made in Turkey, their rifles in Japan, not that that makes any difference as their products are very good. They make some very interesting shotguns in pump and semiauto. I believe my next shotgun purchase will be a weatherby.
    Respect Few.....Fear None

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Weatherby is a good company and they stand behind their products and have superior customer service. A friend of mine has that same gun and I have not shot it, but I always admired it. I believe the Weatherby shotguns are made in Turkey, their rifles in Japan, not that that makes any difference as their products are very good. They make some very interesting shotguns in pump and semiauto. I believe my next shotgun purchase will be a weatherby.
    Well when you get the chance try your friends. I was shocked at how light it was and relatively light recoil. I am seriously thinking about getting one.

(Bucks County)

I bought this exact shotgun about 7 months ago. Absolutely love the sights and its very comfortable to shoot!! The flat coating does scuff easily and the lack of accessories is annoying, but all around its a great HD shotgun. Love the Skull Camo too. Also available in a digital green camo and black synthetic I believe.

Mine is currently behind the headboard of my bed
    Last edited by zswartley; December 10th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.

(Bradford County)

I looked at one of these a few months ago and it was priced at a competitive price point (~$400 IIRC). What stopped me was when I looked for accessories such as extended tubes and ran into a brick wall with availability.

(Lancaster County)

got one a while back got it used for $325.bought it I like the skull camo which them don't do any more.I think there a good solid shotgun.but it won't replace my 870.crazywolf