Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default adams/Franklin/ Cumberland/dauphin counties

Just an fyi, I've been buying guns for a little while now. I've kept track of prices just to see if there's a pattern of who's usually cheaper. Reddings hardware in Gettysburg, pa has consistently beat gander mountain (Chambersburg, pa), firepower (Carlisle, pa), Taylor's Trading post (biglerville, pa), and bass pro shop (Harrisburg, pa) by $50-$150. Every time I've shopped around its been like that. The reason for the $150 gap is my last purchase of my glock 26 gen 4. Gander mountain had a new gen3 26, standard sights for $789, and I was stunned. They also had a used, para GI expert in black for $889, standard model which I bought from Reddings for 649 out the door. Back to the glock 26 gen4, I went to Reddings, and bought a gen4 26 for 614.50, standard sights out the door. I called firepower in Carlisle, pa and he wanted $665 out the door. That's just my last purchase. I'm not an employee of Reddings, just letting you guys know what I've experienced. I also four times with 3 pistols, one rifle got quoted at $70-$125 more at Reddings when selling/ trading. Good luck guys. Just thought I'd try and help with saving some money with the economy and holidays.
    Last edited by sigroks32; December 1st, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: adams/Franklin/ Cumberland/dauphin counties

Thanks for the info... I've been meaning to get to reddings but have never been there.... Im 30 min from Ghettysburg, how is the new and used selection at Reddings?

(Adams County)

new and used is phenomenal. man, they've got the largest selection of used and new in the area. Terry, Taylor, Jim are great, and they know there stuff. if you need to layaway that's allowed I've done that alot with them. price doesn't change. oh yeah, the Gettysburg trading post sucks. they don't have a selection, they love to low ball. they're the kind of people that prey on desperate people I was in there once asking about a gun it was really depressing and it got me a little angry. but ice experienced other shops, Taylor's trading post is okay, he definitely knows his guns, he just always ended up being more money. doesn't mean I won't go to him anymore. hope this helps!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Adams County)

My last 4-5 purchases were from Reading's. They are usually the lowest in the area. Never had any problems, always good to deal with.

If you've never been there, it's worth a trip. It's like taking a step back in time.

(Franklin County)

I must always show up at a bad time at Reddings, always trying to find a place to park and always crowded at the counter--Taylor's is still my "go to" shop...the Redding guys need a bigger place IMO.
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: adams/Franklin/ Cumberland/dauphin counties

you guy,s need to spread out a bit. try mechanicsburg ordnance. his numbers are even better. basic gen three glocks 499. gen four,s at 549 the list goes on. lay away available and special orders a specialty. transfers and internet paperwork well recieved. check out the posts on him.

(Franklin County)

we've bought one or two in gettysburg. but have similar guns on gunbroker cheaper.
    In God We Trust............................

(Adams County)

yeah you can park at the lot beside them or the street. gun broker yeah I never go to them cause most people jack the shipping up + the credit charge, then you have to pay the transfer charge. but if you find the right seller, gun broker can be even cheaper. I just go to Reddings because the never disappointed.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Franklin County)

Not knocking Reddings, because I once bought a gun there (and might again), and they are cheaper than most of the big stores (gander mtn, etc). I do find I can usually do at least as well at auctions, or even my LGS. But, if you're sure of what you want, the online option is far cheaper than almost any B&M store.
    Several online sellers a) don't charge for shipping; b) Don't add a credit card charge, and c) don't charge sales tax. You do have to pay the FFL fee, but that's less than sales tax.

(Franklin County)

If anybody gets up that way, let me know if they have anu S&W bodyguards, Kahr CW9's, or Sig 290's...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast